• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Electric Cooling fan?

Its a 195* theromstat and It works great(from stealership with weep hole)...
tires are 31 about to go to 32s and I have 4.10 gears so no bogging the tranny and causing excessive heat...
Got a 11x6x3/4 B&M tranny cooler to help the tranny anyway....
Just had the rad rodded that did wonderful things for me....
TC and tranny fluid have less than 15,000 miles on them... so their good...
Rodding the radiator made all the difference in the world but I noticed unless I run the ac in the summertime it gets warm fast(aux fan has to be on to keep it cool) But I really dont need the ac 4/80 air works just fine for me:D
I understand their airflow #s have no restrictions but thats why I was trying to find fans that put out good cfm #s...I figure to hipo 14" fans will pull about 6000 cfm without restriction and somewhere between 3000-4000 after and I think that should be enough...:yelclap:
The only other thing I can think of is to make the factory aux fan come on sooner as in like 210* instead of 218* and I dont want to have to mess with a switch for on and off something automated should be makeable even for me I just havent found something like that Though I heard turbo city makes a cts sensor that kicks the fan on at 205* and off at 195* might try that....
And I only have cooling problems in slow traffic or crawling or heavy duty stop and go...
keep the ideas coming though this helps...

themud said:
The only other thing I can think of is to make the factory aux fan come on sooner as in like 210* instead of 218* and I dont want to have to mess with a switch for on and off something automated should be makeable even for me I just havent found something like that Though I heard turbo city makes a cts sensor that kicks the fan on at 205* and off at 195* might try that....
And I only have cooling problems in slow traffic or crawling or heavy duty stop and go...
keep the ideas coming though this helps...

You can do my CTS resistor mod. Go to the link in my sig.

Back