• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Elections

I would have run for VP if I hadn't let my membership expire for a period of time.

You are right, hard to get people to step up.

The young guys are the future of this club, they need to step up and get control. Without it, they will always be considered second class by some.

Why don't you run again then rev?
You should know that answer. I think the younger crowd like myself need to step up. Rev is right about that. If anyone has to ask why I'm not running feel free to PM me.

Yes I agree that us younger generation needs to step into the VP or pres spots but its a big step for some to take. I think it would be something good for the club to get a younger perspective on things for the club. Nothing at all against the way the mwc is being ran now. No 2 people are gonna have the same ideas on what to do.

Yes it is a little over whelming for some to want to jump into that position and that might scare some people away from being nominated.

Yes I agree that us younger generation needs to step into the VP or pres spots but its a big step for some to take. I think it would be something good for the club to get a younger perspective on things for the club. Nothing at all against the way the mwc is being ran now. No 2 people are gonna have the same ideas on what to do.

Yes it is a little over whelming for some to want to jump into that position and that might scare some people away from being nominated.

It isn't necessarily the duties that scare people away. I have tried to step up on several occasions only to get grilled for mistakes I have made. I'm not perfect, nobody is. Fact is, I want nothing but the best for this chapter but if I'm gonna get treated like a dog I'd rather just sit back and wheel.

I'm usually pretty silent on these matters, and I respect your opinion Rev. But the statement that the younger members need to step up is BS. The age doesn't matter. We need people with passion to lead the club. It doesn't matter how long they have been a member; If they have passion for the club and are willing to work for the members and with the BOD they will likely be a positive influence.

I see this is getting way out of hand already. Seems some are getting all worked up about stuff and are making a big deal about it.

Flex...some feel if you can't take the heat......blah blah blah.

I've been taking heat all my life, what is so different in this situation. :dunno:

I guess I would consider myself part of one of the younger guys here. But one thing I would add, and not that it is age specific but based on my experience on forums is the judgement, drama and personality qualities that a lot of the younger generation seem to bring to the forums. Many of them seem to be "bitches" (which are female dogs).

I honestly think that (from my limited experience at winterfest and how our chapter feels compared to others) the MWC still seems to be very strong and a great group of guys. I honestly believe that when winterfest comes around it feels like family. I know there is more behind the scenes that makes the chapter turn and make winterfest happen. But whatever is going on, good or bad, it has seemed to work for me.

I get where you are coming from about a lot of the younger guys stepping forward for positions, but that doesnt necessarily mean VP or P. I think even just volunteering at cleanup or winterfest to make it a positive thing is a great start for any of the younger guys/gals. The fact is that the MWC is more than just a BOD. It is a group of people that really encompasses what the MWC is to me.

This election, and all of them, are about who is running your chapter for the next year.....you should get worked up.

Rev

I have. I genuinely care about the outcome and the good of our chapter but sometimes I feel it falls on deaf ears when I say anything.

Back