• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

eflores candidate for VP discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just throwing this out there as these are a couple views on what i think. And no issues with flores whatsoever. good guy, but you all know him and xjboy better then i do.

in my opinion the VP/pres need to be people persons. they need to be able to convey what we are about and keep themselves above others in their mannerisms and present themselves with professionalism at all times.

they need to be able to talk with vendors and customers (ie, campgrounds) and be able to sway them to believe in what we believe (as far as our love of wheeling).

they should be present for at least 90% of group meets. representing

and they need to be mature. not old, but mature. most of us here, are not. joking is fine, but from what ive seen we all act like a bunch of 12 year olds. minus a few.

face it, its politics and it is about making friends.

and being in the military has nothing to do with being VP of a club, sorry, but it doesnt. can it help, possibly, if you were a good leader in the military, but what ive seen so far is the military is severly lacking in good leaders. so take the off the table as it doesnt help the arguement.

What you are saying makes sense for the most part and I agree for the most part. As far as the military goes unless you served, you really have no place to say squat! I did not bring the military thing up, Flores did and I would assume it was directed at me. I have been in a position of leadership for a long time now and I understand what it takes to be a leader. I am not running for any position here because as I stated, I have no the time to devote. I am a very direct person and I have no problem saying what needs to be said. Being a leader requires many things that most people do not have, not saying I have them all because I do not. I am however a very good leader and have proven it many times in my careers! My leadership style is much like a famous military leader everyone know well..... Patton! If you know anything about him you would understand. I like Flores as a person when in person but I am inclined to to vote otherwise because I am not convinced he has what it takes.

As far as the military goes unless you served, you really have no place to say squat!

psshaw. I have a place to say what I like because of my freedom of expression, whether or not I have served, and those of us who have experience with folks who have served know that, just like any other organization (private or public), there are leaders, there are followers, and there are shitbags. You're a good leader Ira because of who you are, you simply have chosen to apply those skills in the military (and undoubtedly were prime to be trained for such leadership in that environment).

As I stated previously, I have only briefly met Ellison in person, and have therefore formed my opinions based upon his actions online here, and as reported by others whom I know and trust. I appreciate that in the past week Ellison seems to be making a conscious effort to be helpful on the forum, with a demonstrably "friendlier" attitude. Whether that sways anyone's vote is entirely up to them.

Last edited:
What you are saying makes sense for the most part and I agree for the most part. As far as the military goes unless you served, you really have no place to say squat! I did not bring the military thing up, Flores did and I would assume it was directed at me. I have been in a position of leadership for a long time now and I understand what it takes to be a leader. I am not running for any position here because as I stated, I have no the time to devote. I am a very direct person and I have no problem saying what needs to be said. Being a leader requires many things that most people do not have, not saying I have them all because I do not. I am however a very good leader and have proven it many times in my careers! My leadership style is much like a famous military leader everyone know well..... Patton! If you know anything about him you would understand. I like Flores as a person when in person but I am inclined to to vote otherwise because I am not convinced he has what it takes.

served/out/serving so yeah, i know what i am talking about. but wasnt directed at you being a bad leader, saying it really doesnt have a place here in this topic

Sorry, people, but he is right. Having knowledge of the XJ is probably one of the least important candidate qualities. We don't need someone to have outstanding knowledge of the XJ fro him to be a good leader. It certainly helps the overall image of a candidate. But as a stand alone item, I could really care less if he can turn a wrench or not. It's not going to impact his ability to help better this chapter.

don't you have your own chapter to play in????:moon:

served/out/serving so yeah, i know what i am talking about. but wasnt directed at you being a bad leader, saying it really doesnt have a place here in this topic

:thumbup: Cool, glad you put some time in! Sorry it was not as fullfiling as is for me. I have a hard time swallowing crap from people who have an opinion of the military that never served a day in their life!! And yes, you are correct, military issues belong elsewhere. I was only commenting due to Flores question.

psshaw. I have a place to say what I like because of my freedom of expression, whether or not I have served, and those of us who have experience with folks who have served know that, just like any other organization (private or public), there are leaders, there are followers, and there are shitbags. You're a good leader Ira because of who you are, you simply have chosen to apply those skills in the military (and undoubtedly were prime to be trained for such leadership in that environment).

As I stated previously, I have only briefly met Ellison in person, and have therefore formed my opinions based upon his actions online here, and as reported by others whom I know and trust. I appreciate that in the past week Ellison seems to be making a conscious effort to be helpful on the forum, with a demonstrably "friendlier" attitude. Whether that sways anyone's vote is entirely up to them.

Yes Chris, I will not dispute your freedom of expression! I just have a hard time listening to an outside opinion of the military because it IS ALWAYS incorrect!! :cheers:

Yes Chris, I will not dispute your freedom of expression! I just have a hard time listening to an outside opinion of the military because it IS ALWAYS incorrect!! :cheers:

so it is incorrect for me to opine, based upon my experience with military personell, that there are (1) great leaders; (2) great followers, and (3) shitbags? You are actually going to say that this is not the case? c'mon - the military is a cross section of society, and therefore has all of the same participants.:roll:

here is what i find funny......

i believe to be a good leader you must at first be a good follower. you must know how to take direction in order to successfully give direction.

of the people questioning flores, how many have had to be repeatedly told to pipe down, to knock it off, or gotten a pm from BOD for stepping out of line, just to do it again at a later time. not a good follower. so not only are you not going to be a good leader, but no matter who leads, you are going to do what you want anyway.

also. leading is an art i feel. you cant just sign off on a paper that say "this is whats gonna happen" and poof it happens, you have to get people to want to MAKE it happen.

tom makes a great leader because he promotes the rest of us wanting to get together to do things, COFest was a good example, as was the M&G at Jeff's place.
how many of you are able to be motivated to actually come out of your homes and be a part of something?

You guys make the leader not the other way around.

you sometimes need someone fresh and willing to toss out ideas that get shot down.
flores and i have had our little hissy fits with each other, but i will say, he seems to always be wanting to help out if he can. you always here his name brought up, and its nto because he is hiding in a hole, no, he is out meeting people, talking to people, helping people. how many of you have met flores in person? kittrel? Dutch? tom?

im guessing there are more members right now that have met flores than there are that have met kittrel or dutch, and a great number who have met tom. that has to speak for something.

ya, flores can be hard headed. yes he can get on your nerves, yes he is opinionated. but which of you can say you arent?

you all feel certain ways about certain things. frankz, led, coraptor are all great examples of this. while we sometimes shake our heads, we love these guys and listen to what they say regardless.

i know ive typed my fingers off and digressed, but i guess it comes down to this:
if you think flores will create opportunities to help each other out, meet each other, and (wha ti think is lacking) find a way for this chapter to give back to the communities we are in (we all talk a lot about wanting to do something as a CO chapter of naxja, but noone has said "here are some possibilities i have looked into and reaserched how to get involved, lets vote on what to do") , and that he will be able to fullfill his responsibilities, then i dont see what all the arguing is about.

Since the question of the number of people who have met you came up. Many may have but don't remember. How about if you post up a pix of yourself and one of your rig.

Well said Mike.

I was driving down I25 today as i do most days and i notices how many stretches of road have now been adopted by different organizations. Just an idea to throw out there but couldn't we adopt a piece of road as well? It would be an excellent promotional piece and you all know as well as i do we represent only a small fraction of XJ's on the road. Great way to get the word out....

Well said Mike.

I was driving down I25 today as i do most days and i notices how many stretches of road have now been adopted by different organizations. Just an idea to throw out there but couldn't we adopt a piece of road as well? It would be an excellent promotional piece and you all know as well as i do we represent only a small fraction of XJ's on the road. Great way to get the word out....

I like that idea. Seems like with us not being able to adopt a trail, this would be the next best thing.

Old pic doing some jeep stroller wheeling
Copy2ofIMG00116.jpg

IMG00451.jpg

I'd like to add that if it weren't for Flores's guidance on the xj that I would have never put it together. The guy is always out and about helping folks with their rigs/ educating those willing to learn. The man can't weld any better than me with chewing gum and spit......But he can wrench and troubleshoot an xj with the best of'm

The guy went with me to Denver on a work night....he helped throw a rig on HIS trailer with HIS dually and slept in HIS truck that night to help me out and get this rig. Seriously, the guy would give naxja an amazing resource for knowledge/ I believe e would take the title to heart and take car of the position. Gets my vote...where do i vote? lol

so it is incorrect for me to opine, based upon my experience with military personell, that there are (1) great leaders; (2) great followers, and (3) shitbags? You are actually going to say that this is not the case? c'mon - the military is a cross section of society, and therefore has all of the same participants.:roll:

I will not dispute that there are some of 1 many of 2 and a lot of 3 but you cannot tell me you know much of anything when it comes to the military unless you have been there! The military is something that HAS to be experienced to fully understand it! I can make assumptions on topics like lawyers for instance......... as I have had experience with them! Do I know what it is like to be one....NO. Do I know what it is like within their society....... NO! So I may have opinions based on my experience but it will ALWAYS be an incomplete, inaccurate description of something I know little about!! :kissyou:

how many have had to be repeatedly told to pipe down, to knock it off, or gotten a pm from BOD for stepping out of line, just to do it again at a later time. not a good follower. so not only are you not going to be a good leader, but no matter who leads, you are going to do what you want anyway.

Mike, I love ya brother but how many good leaders have you served under?? I have been to several leadership courses and put in the position of leading many soldiers. I understand what it takes! If you understood leadership you would know there are many styles of leadership and all work in there own way! You are spot on when you say that a good leader has to be a good follower before he can lead! I think I have done my fare share of following as well as leading the pack. My attitude and leadership style is not the most popular but it gets the job done and that is what counts!

My attitude and leadership style is not the most popular but it gets the job done and that is what counts!

Its not the most popular, but it works because it comes from a place where leadership is rarely questioned. You do, because you are told to do. Doesn't work so well when your followers can tell you to shove it up your ass, and there isn't jack you can do about it..................;)

Its not the most popular, but it works because it comes from a place where leadership is rarely questioned. You do, because you are told to do. Doesn't work so well when your followers can tell you to shove it up your ass, and there isn't jack you can do about it..................;)

Lol, u boys do understand were talking about being a vice president to an automotive club...not a captin to a football team, or a leader of a team of marines right. Haha. Flores isn't the guy to lead us onto battle, but he'll tell u the easy way to pull some parts/ show up to help when others would rather do what the rest of us do with our free time. Lol, get real and throw that negative attitude put of here. We get it(even though u won't admit it) u don't like Flores.
If u didn't you wouldn't spend the energy u do in keeping the negativity in this paticular thread. Go piss in the right part of the country, or at least out of this thread.

Just for clarification, how coincidental is it that the guys that lean on f town the hardest around here are the ones praising his efforts for the xj hobby.

Lol, vote for Flores.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back