• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

edelbrock to renix?

beastlyjeep

NAXJA Forum User
what is required to fit the edelbrock header on a renix head? if it does not clear the intake, should i just grind it down a bit? its already in the mail and the beast is in pieces so im pretty oblgated to finish... im hoping the downpipe will work from a h.o, but im going to weld a fitting in it for an o2 sensor closer to the manifold. im trying to save myself the cost of fuel fittings and whatnot by leaving the intake intact, but not attached... what a pain in the ass.

heres a picture of the beast:

jeep015.jpg

Why wouldnt the edelbrock work? As long as the bolts line up with the head, then everything else should be fine. A little trimming never hurt anybody, as long as you trim it COLD ( Sawzall, cold saw, etc. ) no need to warp a brand new manifold if ya dont have to! I've always wondered though, why do you need to slap a header on it? Stock exhaust manifold flows excellent! You could save yourself time and money by simply increasing your exhaust diameter a little and retaining the stock manifold. Are you putting a throttle body spacer on intake as well? No need to beef up the exhaust if the intake remains stock...just wondering. Hope it all works out for ya man!

well... picked up my header today, but to my disapointment it was a stock replacement and not the edelbrock i was quoted... im sick of waiting and want to go jeepin so f it at least this one bolted right up.

man were those bolts a pain in the ass to get back in... anybody about to do a manifold replacement with a welder will benefit from my technique... tack weld a 4 or 5" nail to the head of the bolt to get it started, then snap the nail off like a twig and wrench it.

Back