• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ECM:

Manual or auto? It does matter........

This is a 4.0 out of a cherokee I put into my 84 CJ-7. I have a crank but no start (spark) problem. Have replaced CPS, Cam sensor,and coil and still no spark. Hate to keep throwing parts at it but not sure whats left except the ECM. Ran perfect for six years then just quit one day while taking dogs out for a run. The ECM will throw codes so I know its not completely gone. The company I bought the engine wiring harness from (Hesco) said an ECM from a 91-95 cherokee or wrangler (not Grand Cherokee) would work and that manual or automatic makes no difference, but what is in this rig is an AX-15.:doh:

Troy,
I pulled it out to look for a number and could see a little tag under the jell with four lines of #s but I dont think that is the part #. Did see a # on the plastic above were the connector is that might be the part #. It is 9452 204.
Was told it didnt have to be the same year but it would be nice it was and even if my problem turns out to be something else a spare ECM might be a good thing to own.
Let me know. Thanks Howard.

That's alright...... we're brothers from other mothers.

:D

Back