• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay, more scams!!

bshaw

NAXJA Forum User
Got this today in my email:

From : <[email protected]>Sent : Wednesday, October 5, 2005 9:59 AMTo : [email protected]ubject : Message ID 497259471 - Message from eBay Member (eBay)
spacer.gif
|||Inbox
ebay_95x39.gif
[font=verdana, sans-serif]eBay sent this message to eBay member).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
[/font]
ltCurve.gif
Ebay Security Service

rtCurve.gif
s.gif
Dear eBay MemberFor the User Agreement, Section 9, we may immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend, indefinitely suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide our services to you if we believe that your actions may cause financial loss or legal liability for you, our users or us. We may also take these actions if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.

We regret to inform you that your eBay account could be suspended if you don't re-update your account information. To resolve this problems please use the link below and re-enter your account information. If your problems could not be resolved your account will be suspended for a period of 24 hours, after this period your account will be terminated.

Due to the suspension of this account, please be advised you are prohibited from using eBay in any way. This includes the registering of a new account. Please note that this suspension does not relieve you of your agreed-upon obligation to pay any fees you may owe to eBay.
To update your record please click here:
RESPOND BOX HERE(i took it out!! virus attached)
s.gif
Some Items on eBay10 SKS LONG EYELASH FANCY KNITTING YARN LIGHT BROWN
$9.99
10 SKS EYELASH FANCY KNITTING YARN BEIGE
$9.99
See more items...

imgShield_25x25.gif
[font=arial, sans-serif]Marketplace Safety Tip [/font]
imgTabCorner_25x25.gif

• <LI class=mstLi>Visit My eBay to manage all of your transactions (including Second Chance Offers). That way, you can be confident these transactions have been listed on eBay.
  • Protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails and Web sites. Take the Spoof Tutorial to learn about eBay Toolbar with Account Guard, which warns you when you are on a known spoof site.
s.gif

This email appears in the language of the eBay site where you are registered.

Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
http://pages.ebay.com/education/spooftutorial

This eBay notice was sent to member from eBay International AG based on your account preferences. Your account is registered on www.ebay.com. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements. To unsubscribe from this notice, change your notification preferences. Please note that it may take up to 14 days to process your request. If you would like to receive this email in text format, change your notification preferences.

See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about eBay's communication policies.
Privacy Policy: http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-priv.html
User Agreement: http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-user.html

Copyright © 2005 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay, Inc.

So right off the bat I jumped on my eBay account with another browser session open. I found no personal messages from eBay. There's alarm one! Alarm 2, it was sent to my hotmail and not my Gmail address. Reported it to Ebay security, and they said it was fake and they are looking into the situation! I replied to the address from the above email, but I'm not for sure if they will get it or not. I had some choice words to say to them fawkers!!! Freaking crooks!! :flamemad:

Last edited:
Long eyelash beige FANCY KNITTING YARN?!?!

Got something you want to tell us Bradshaw?

:laugh3: :gag:

people who fall for this $hit don't deserve to have money anyway.

Dirk Pitt said:
Long eyelash beige FANCY KNITTING YARN?!?!

Got something you want to tell us Bradshaw?

:laugh3: :gag:

ummmmm................ yea................. ummmmmm............ crap!! :wierd:

:laugh2: It must have been something they just added in to the stupid email, trying to make it look authentic. I didn't even realize that was in there....... :laugh2:

Got one yesterday purporting to be from amazon.com. Tracked them down to their ISP where the user had the directory hidden [unix files and directories with a . in front of them don't show up in a normal directory listing, it's a way hide casual lookovers], they took it from there or so they said but the admin I talked to did email the cgi script the scumbag had and I've traced it to two more ISP's where it ended in russia.

RichP said:
Got one yesterday purporting to be from amazon.com. Tracked them down to their ISP where the user had the directory hidden [unix files and directories with a . in front of them don't show up in a normal directory listing, it's a way hide casual lookovers], they took it from there or so they said but the admin I talked to did email the cgi script the scumbag had and I've traced it to two more ISP's where it ended in russia.

How do you do this Rich (track them down)? PM or just post on here. I would love to track a$$holes down like this!!

My dad got one that looked exactly like yours at his office bshaw, I figured maybe I had created an account at his email and just forgotten about it. Good to know its a virus.

Everytime I either bid on an item or sell an item, I get a rash of these. They are getting pretty good at their techniques.

I was also wondering about the items in question. Hmmmmm.....
Make note to self...never offer to share a tent or cabin :laugh3:

old_man said:
Make note to self...never offer to share a tent or cabin :laugh3:
amen to that........

CollinM said:
My dad got one that looked exactly like yours at his office bshaw, I figured maybe I had created an account at his email and just forgotten about it. Good to know its a virus.
I'm not 100% for sure if was a virus or not, but when I clicked on it(Respond Here) here at work the Macafee came up with a little warning saying that it quarantined and deleted something.

I get stuff like that all the time, even for my internet providers, never respond to an e-mail that wants you to click on a link in the e-mail, the legit ones will tell you to go to their website which they know you already know so they don't even tell the the address for it and go through their process of updating that way.

I got something very similar from PAYPAL about a month ago. told me my account had been deactivated due to security concerns... and all I had to do was follow the link and login -gave a link that sent me to a page that looked EXACTLY like the PAyPal login page, but wasn't- I called paypal they're looking into it-

I can remember the same shit happening way back when I had AOL- that's why all the real companies say they will never ask for your ID or password via Email.

bshaw said:
How do you do this Rich (track them down)? PM or just post on here. I would love to track a$$holes down like this!!

Different tools, lotta experience and understanding headers, how to query mail servers and other unix boxes. Usually I can get pretty close, twice I got the specific machine, peckerheads left their telnet ports open both times, just a matter of running against a dictionary till I got root, just stuck a rm -rf * in his system login script and quietly left, formatted hard drives on boot and I learned this neat little trick with quantum and wd hard drive firmware...plus a few other things I won't go into. When you spend 15 years fixing things you sure do learn alot about breaking them :D

RichP said:
Different tools, lotta experience and understanding headers, how to query mail servers and other unix boxes. Usually I can get pretty close, twice I got the specific machine, peckerheads left their telnet ports open both times, just a matter of running against a dictionary till I got root, just stuck a rm -rf * in his system login script and quietly left, formatted hard drives on boot and I learned this neat little trick with quantum and wd hard drive firmware...plus a few other things I won't go into. When you spend 15 years fixing things you sure do learn alot about breaking them :D

Where can I buy a copy ;) . Glad somebody is on the offense side. Would love to take part in that!! Kept up the good work Rich. :D

Back