• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ebay - 14 inch lift

e7_3.JPG

the double stacked coil spacers and the 6" bolt through the pitman arm are nice touches.
this thing looks scary!

i dont know what would be first to go, but i think the bolt where the drag link connects to the pitman arm is where i'd put my $$$,... yeah, the one with like a 2 inch spacer going down before you get to the heim on the drag link, that doesn't look too "rock-ready" to me.

Aside from all the criticism, this would be a nice solid platform. Its a nice jeep, low miles, usable suspension, and good tires. Pull the spacers, swap the axles, score some decent steering, and presto. I wonder how cheap it'll go for.

gotta wonder if he's got a steering box brace in there at least...i'll give it another 1000 miles or one day at paragon before those bolts pull right thru or snap. and how scarry would that thing really be to steer? those double high spacers have got to have some flex in there that'd just make smores look stiff. looks like this guy coulda fit his 38's without the extra 4" boost...wow, what a piece of work. love how he calls it a "crawler" too. heh. i don't think i'd want that thing with a salvage title and a drivetrain thats been hefting around those 38s with no help from lower gears. the salvage title prolly came from when he had 21" of lift and 44's on there and it all crumbled like Jenga..so he put it back together with a mild 14" :wierd:

oh yeah, "dependable transportation" he says...the only thing you can depend on with that is that you'll be praying it doesnt break and you'll be tearing your inseam every time you lift your leg to get in

i bet its a dependable source of female passengers though :pimpin:

Last edited:
holy crap ive seen this jeep a couple of times!!!!! i saw it at the end of last summer in joplin with a for sale sign on it. then a few months after that i saw it in miami while i was working. some kid in miami bought it and has been drivin it around. i wonder what gas milage it gets? i do know the steering and spacers were there when the kid in miami got it tho.

kolby

Yep, scary. I especially like the bumpstop laying loose inside the right front coil.

I think JohnJohn might be droolin'....... an even more "tippy pickle".....

that thing is awsome ive seen it on the trail.... Just kidding Im not totally sure but I think if you hit a pothole that bolt on the pit man arm would break off and you would swearve straight into a bus full of nuns. that is only if you could get it to move after pulling out of the driveway and breaking both Cs off the D30. Maybe the spacers are space metal the causes the narrow Too Tall XJ not to tip over because of their special gravitational properties. Or even better maybe if someone were to fill the tires with water like a tractor you would have enough weight on the ground to stay right side up. I think I saw Joe Dirt bidding on it though so hurry up.

ArcticXJ said:
Aside from all the criticism, this would be a nice solid platform. Its a nice jeep, low miles, usable suspension, and good tires. Pull the spacers, swap the axles, score some decent steering, and presto. I wonder how cheap it'll go for.

i agree, totally- its definitely not safe how it is now, whatsoever , but instead of taking a stock XJ for a couple grand- i paid 3200 for mine w/70000 on it- you could get a good 10" lift and a low mile XJ for about 3200 or so, then work on the essentials- if i had the $ and wanted a trail only rig, id definitely bid on it, but the spacers and 4" block would have to go

gotta wonder if he changed the speedo gear and whether thats an accurate milage reading...sure its not gonna be 5 times that but with the lack of attention to other obvious problems i'd guess that jeep is doing 80 when it says 55

Back