• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DVD screen stereo

BigG said:
I've thought about doing this. Would it be possible to move the AC controls up top and put the stereo in a lower slot?
Yes, i have done this in several customers jeeps (96 and older) with very little modification.You won't need to extend the heater cables at all. And the holes are identical in size.

Sean

You say you have done it with very little modification. How little? Could you give us some more details on relocating the controls? I have been considering this for my cherokee so I can get a flip up dvd player in there.

Darth said:
You say you have done it with very little modification. How little? Could you give us some more details on relocating the controls? I have been considering this for my cherokee so I can get a flip up dvd player in there.

Basically you unbolt the heater controls and slide them up, you may have to re drill mounting holes,and depending on how you want to mount the dvd unit,you either mount through the front of the factory bezel or make brackets to mount it behind it.The radio wiring is usually long enough to pull down to the other location.If not just extend them.Now you might have to modify the ac/vent housing behind the dvd,but nothing to outrageous.

Sean

Back