• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dune flag mounting

74charger said:
I am most likly going to weld a mount on the bottom of the bumper, unless you have a better suggestion.

it will bang the hell out of the rear hatch and window if you put it on the back, and the body if you put it on the side. best place to mount it is up high somewhere. most rangers want your flag to extend 4-6ft above the highest point on your vehicle, and the higher it is, the safer YOU are.

search around a bit for CB antenna mounts people have made up, its the same principal.

An air hose quick-connect coupling is a great way to make your flag removeable. Get a cheap steel one and you can weld it right to your bracket or the top of the bumper.(take the coupler apart first so you don't burn the little rubber o-ring though). It works better if you mount the air fitting to the truck and the coupler to the flag otherwise it will fill up with dirt/mud. Neat little trick my brother-in-law showed me...

Mine mounts to my roof rack with some exhaust clamps. Easy to remove, easy to install. Takes 5 minutes or less.

Out here, it has to extend a minimum of 6 feet above the highest point of the vehicle and it must be either orange reflective or yellow reflective (can be both, as long as it has reflective material on it). ;)

okay, i'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I live in MI, and I love going duning, so I do it a lot, but I've never been up with my XJ. MI law says you have to use the front for vehivcles, the only rear mounted ones are the quad and dirt bikes. I was also thinking about running a bumper bolt through a bracket. my bro is a welder, so the welding would be the cheapest and fastest way (free)

Out here when we hit up the Imperial Sand dunes alot of guys will Zip Tie their flags to their CB Whips... If you put in a pretty big bolt somewhere on the front bumper and then drill into the bolt and tap it out to a size the flag can screw into that might be easy. I know that all the XJ front bumpers I have seen have mounting holes for fog lights - you could put those to use somehow maybe but that would be in the way of vision i imagine with the whip in your field of vision...

Back