• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DRY High Flow Air Filter/Intake.

SKIM said:
Still wont i thought because it has to have that stupid sticker that comes whith all the intakes.That say somethin about ca legal or some crap. I think? Hey where in fremont you live? Me an spudly both live near lincoln elementry school in newark.

I'm by Thornton Junior High in Fremont. Close to Blacow and Thornton.

I used a 12" long and 3" in Diameter aluminum tube and added a K&N cone filter and drilled a hole for my breather. I only had to pay for the filter and it works great.

snowchevy78 said:
SKIM, how did you make that cold air intake?
I just got the 3in exhaust tubing from summit racing right there in sparks I got the 180 degree bend. and cut and welded the tubing it takes some time but when done cost about half as much.
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D622005&N=700+4294923429+115&autoview=sku

I can take more pics of the mounting and where I hade to weld the tubing together if you would like.
I also had some strait laying around dont rember if I had to use it but you mite want to get some strait 3in tubing as well or just 2 180s so you have more to play with.

K@N can shove their fliters up there you know where.. they dusted my engine... yes i cleaned and oiled the filter proper the day befor a ride. checked the flilter after run sligth dust in the intake tube.. so now i and running a fram oiled paper filter works better and cheaper..

Back