• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

driveshaft ?

yea I know that. I need that spicier part to make it compatible. any way my dreams of a eliminated slip yoke are being put on hold as I need an inspection and my check engine light is on and I need an alignment really bad. so the money I was going to spend on the sye and shaft is probably going to be eaten up by that.

Find a different driveline shop...$200 is way too high to have a ds lengthened.
It cost me about $80 and that is about the going rate.

I never said I wanted my DS made longer. I was going to try a ZJ front shaft or just buy a custom one. there are no driveline shops by me. the OP said it would cost him 200 to get it lengthened.

All joints replaced and for those of us on a budget, it's a good deal and I don't even have to shovel the snow out from under a junkyard XJ this time of year up here in the North just to get a "USED" driveshaft that I have to replace the joints on myself...

All joints replaced and for those of us on a budget, it's a good deal and I don't even have to shovel the snow out from under a junkyard XJ this time of year up here in the North just to get a "USED" driveshaft that I have to replace the joints on myself...
Their add says only the axle side u-joint is replaced,you could pick up a JY one for 25$!
Also the yoke they are using is a slip yoke(not a press fit one),that could still leave you with some vibes(I tried this type of set-up on my 2k with less than a 1k miles on it,I wasnt impressed).While it was better than stock I immediately changed it out for a HD set-up,that was 8 years ago and its still smooth as silk!

Last edited:
Well I am not from AZ. all the yards in my area look up the original price in a catalog and subtract 10% and that is what you pay......AFTER you dig the snow out from under it and freeze your AZZ off pulling it yourself...It is still worth it.

Back