• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Driveline Vibes: Imminent Problems or Just Annoying?

I not sure about how your measuring the angles,but a stock crossmember puts the transfer case output shaft at about 4-5*down,meaning your pinion should point up about 3-4*.Driveshaft angle doesnt matter.
2joint_angle.gif

Correct, but from what I've gathered, you aren't supposed to run the u-joints at greater than 15 degrees normally. So wouldn't the angle of the driveshaft matter?

As I understood it the transfer case output shaft angle and the pinion angle should be the same, with the pinion actually being about 1 degree less so it will rolll up to the same angle under torque. Also that the u-joint angles (which should now be the same at both ends) should not be greater than 15 degrees with respect to the angle of the transfercase output shaft/pinion. Did I misunderstand this?

Regardless, I'm going to just go with the SYE and CV driveshaft setup since that seems to be the more solid solution to the problem.

Back