• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drift Element?

I saw them compete in the formula drift pro am series in socal a couple months ago. The team has a long way to go before they are taken seriously in the pro drift world...

I saw them compete in the formula drift pro am series in socal a couple months ago. The team has a long way to go before they are taken seriously in the pro drift world...

Did they convert it to rwd from an awd model or do some crazy drivetrain swap?

Did they convert it to rwd from an awd model or do some crazy drivetrain swap?

I'm guessing it started as an AWD and they did something to eliminate the FWD hardware and not blow everything else up when they started building power into it and drive it like that...........

IIRC they are built on the same platform as the TC, It seems possible to do an rwd swap with a TC. So I assume the same carries over.

TC?

Scion's version of the Celica.

FWIW, that one didn't share its platform with the xA and xB - at least, not in the first generation. Not sure about the current ones, though.

IIRC they are built on the same platform as the TC, It seems possible to do an rwd swap with a TC. So I assume the same carries over.

TC isn't a Honda dummy! Did Toyota and Honda share a platform?

?

Multi-Pass-the-fifth-element-1742871-516-271.jpg

Scion's version of the Celica.

FWIW, that one didn't share its platform with the xA and xB - at least, not in the first generation. Not sure about the current ones, though.

TC isn't a Honda dummy! Did Toyota and Honda share a platform?

Beat me to it Flexd! Plus the TC Drift car has a NA$CAR or Craftsman Truck engine, some kinda of manual trans, and a Supra independent rear suspension under it, so it doesn't have much in common with a normal TC anyway......

Beat me to it Flexd! Plus the TC Drift car has a NA$CAR or Craftsman Truck engine, some kinda of manual trans, and a Supra independent rear suspension under it, so it doesn't have much in common with a normal TC anyway......
you need to get your hearing checked cause that sounds nothing like a V8

for some reason i thought you were talkin bout the element, there all the same to me

i know im gonna never hear the end of this but i've been to D1 events and the scion TC is V8 powered and one BAMF
Proof
http://jalopnik.com/5210004/tanner-fousts-scion-tc-drift-car-v8+powered-rwd-ridiculous
The element is just stupid :roflmao: i like different but if your going to do it then do it right like this guy with diesel powa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhxsN7HGo2Y&feature=related

That benz wagon is badass! Way cooler than a drift element! :roflmao:

Back