• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dreaming!!!!!!

red91inWA said:
Manditory reading :D

Where does the flag fly 24 hours a day?
Untold thousands of places. Section 6a: "when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness." Of course it flies 24 hours a day on the Moon. There is an elite group where, by executive order, it is to fly 24 hours a day, shown here:

Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine, Baltimore, Maryland (Presidential Proclamation No. 2795, July 2, 1948).
Flag House Square, Albemarle and Pratt Streets, Baltimore Maryland (Public Law 83-319, approved March 26, 1954).
United States Marine Corps Memorial (Iwo Jima), Arlington, Virginia (Presidential Proclamation No. 3418, June 12, 1961).
On the Green of the Town of Lexington, Massachusetts (Public Law 89-335, approved November 8, 1965).
The White House, Washington, DC. (Presidential Proclamation No. 4000, September 4, 1970).
Washington Monument, Washington, DC. (Presidential Proclamation No. 4064, July 6, 1971, effective July 4, 1971).
Fifty flags of the United States are displayed at the Washington Monument continuously. United States Customs Ports of Entry which are continually open (Presidential Proclamation No. 413 1, May 5, 1972).
Grounds of the National Memorial Arch in Valley Forge State Park, Valley Forge, Pennsylvania (Public Law 94-53, approved July 4,1975).

I fly my flag at home 24 hours a day. What does "properly illuminated" mean?
Section 6a: "when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness." The Flag Rules offer no additional guidance on this question. We interpret this to mean that there is either a light directly upon the flag or that there is sufficient local lighting to make the flag easily visible at night.

This is Texas....

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Update:
New pictures of a "mostly" completed shop/barn.
I've even started to work on the heep! :D

P8100066.JPG

The rest of the pictures are HERE
hinkley
Very nice Mr. Hinkley. I don't think I can comment in any way that will not allow my jealousy to show through.
:rattle:

Hinkley you need to get something in front of there to show the true size. That's much more massive than it looks in those pics.

Remind me to flip you off or moon you next time we see each other.

Gil BullyKatz said:
Hey Hinkley...

Hows that ceiling fan working out for ya?

Nice 12" pull chain!

:D

Ever heard of a wall switch?

What other speed than high would I ever use????

They are there to keep down the 3 ton HVAC electric bill! :D

BTW, Lincoln that front door is 14' high and 16 feet wide! Just for size comparison!

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
BTW, Lincoln that front door is 14' high and 16 feet wide! Just for size comparison!

hinkley

Yeh, it just doesn't look that big. This throws it into perspective though.
P8100059.JPG

I'm definately going to work on getting you thrown out of the house so I can move in. :D

Like some of my neighbors, Hinkley has more dollars than sense. I have garage envy.

last time I saw doors that big...

King Kong was on the other side fondling Jessica Lange...

NICE setup Mark...

Whatcha plan on manufacturing in there?

any hints?

Okie Terry said:
Linc, 0313 has more of a chance of being his gardener, than you have of even being on the property.

That may be true, but I'll keep trying. I'd probably just drown myself in the pond anyway.

Mark Hinkley said:
This is my favorite thing I made. All kinds of room to hold and cut long stock!
hinkley

I thought you said you didn't like cold saws?

Your setup is very similar to mine, I just haven't gotten it built yet. :D

Back