• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Down travel limited by axle-side track bar mount

travisk

NAXJA Forum User
I have a craptacular Rough Country long arm kit and I just realized that my down travel in the front seems to be limited by the track bar hitting its axle side mount, rather than by binding in the radius arms.

Is there a way to fix this without getting a new track bar with tighter angles?

normal_track_bar_limit.jpg

Simple fix is to install limit straps to prevent the suspension from drooping to the point of bind..........

Better solutions are OTK steering and trackbar mount relocation.......there are lots of compromises and work-arounds, just none that I'm willing to recommend.

If you droop it enough on the passenger side, it will develop a slight bend to it. :) About the only thing you can do is go to a bracket like a JKS but then you have to deal with steering.

x2 on trying to flip it. it looks to me like the heim should be at the bracket, and makes sense to me (better protection of the threads).

is this just strait droop on the jack stands? when articulated (drivers side up) you will likely getter more droop from the passenger side.

Install instructions show the bushing at the frame end and heim at the axle end.

I'd try to flip it as well, but the bend at the heim side may not be enough to clear the diff depending on how much you've bumpstopped.

It is deffinately backwards. Re builds one of there the same way. The bend in the bar near the bushing end mostly alleviates the problem your having. I had to trim the axle bracket as well but I have a pretty substantial amount of droop.

It is deffinately backwards. Re builds one of there the same way. The bend in the bar near the bushing end mostly alleviates the problem your having. I had to trim the axle bracket as well but I have a pretty substantial amount of droop.

If it is the bar I linked, you are definitely wrong. The bend in the bushing side is for the dif cover. Also why the bushing sleeve is welded offset

This is really easy to solve.

Travis, bring it by the house next week. We'll take a look at it.

Make sure its worth messing with, the Heim in mine went bad in less than a year. May be worth looking at upgrading instead of trying to make it better. You will only get another inch or so of droop before it binds anyways

Back