• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door to body weatherstripping

mhead

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all...

I have a '92 XJ I-6 4dr. I have wind noise coming in between the door and the body (and maybe a little throught the vent window). I want to rip out the existing door-to-body seal and glue in a new one. Called the dealer and I can buy a new seal...for $60 per door. Ouch!

Have searched this forum for weatherstripping and can find only vauge refernces to after market seals. J.C. Whitney sells these but it is hard for me to determine which of their selections will work properly.

Does anyone have specific supplier/part number info on a seal that the've tried with success? Any that didn't work?

Thanks!

I know JC Whitney sells replacement door weatherstripping, but do not have any info on it. I think most people tend to stick with OEM weatherstripping with the knowledge that it isn't necessarily cheap. You may have run across it in your search, but here is a link to replacing earlier model XJ door seals with those of a later model. I'm in a similar situation where my 88 has some wind noise coming between the frame and the top front corner of the door, so will have to replace the weatherstipping in the near future.

I had the JC Whitneys. Within 3 months, had problems with stripping staying in place. :flamemad: Went with OEM and no problems since. Just a little more expensive.

Back