• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door hinge lift off mod write up

Onkover said:
I have started a half door set myself. I'm building a sub frame inside the door that will make it vary stout. This mod is simple and cheap. Driving on the street has the same feeling of freedom as a motorcycle does. With being doorless off road, sure oyu get dirty. If your not getting dirty off road then your not doing it right!!

I've ridden all over this country on a scoot and rode doorless in Jeeps for the past 20 years, definetly NOT the same.

I love how I can use the hinge as a foot post to relax on **** not while rocking***
X2 on the to each his/her own on whether the doors are better on or off.

As for me, I love not having doors during the warmer times. What would be an awesome mod would be an adaptation of the newer tube baja doors. Someone needs to come up with a canvas attachment with a frame riser to make it into something like a military hummer door. That would make those doors king.

So i did this and it worked out awesome and I love it. great write up, but in the process of doing I got a little metal in my eye and it bugged me for like 2 days and I went to the hospital to get it removed and it had started to rust inside my eye, I had to have surgery to get the metal and rust out and I was even wearing safety glasses too...but great mod and write up

So i did this and it worked out awesome and I love it. great write up, but in the process of doing I got a little metal in my eye and it bugged me for like 2 days and I went to the hospital to get it removed and it had started to rust inside my eye, I had to have surgery to get the metal and rust out and I was even wearing safety glasses too...but great mod and write up

:huh:

You obviously haven't owned a Wrangler. You get used to things like wind noise and eventually come to appreciate the "no cell phone" thing. It makes a great excuse to avoid annoying phone calls. ;)

Haha! This guy gets it! :cheers:

Lightens her up a bit. Better MPG, (not really) better braking with big tires,
Easy to get out of if you do a lot of your own spotting or roll her.
Door don't get in the way when dragging you feet to stop. (to hell with disk brakes)
Easy to moon the good buds.
Faster pit stops after downing that 6 pack. Hell without doors you don't need to get out for that mater to drain the lizard.
etc etc etc

i love having no doors. i pop out my cb and dont leave my faceplate in.
it does kinda feel like my old yj, esp freeballing!!! instant air circulation!!!:eeks1:

canman, good clean write up. one more thing, i'm going to pay by check.

Back