• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Don't buy BDS!

http://www.bds-suspension.com/Company/whyBDS.php#warranty

No Fine Print Warranty

This unique warranty proves our commitment to the quality and reliability of every productwe make.The No Fine Print warranty does not include shock and stabilizer cylinders.
logo_nofineprint.gif

If you are the original purchaser of any BDS product and it breaks, we will give you a new part. Period.

***You should have some sort or reciept or order# to get the Warranty as RJeep mentioned.

R_jeep said:
how should they (bds) verify they are not being scammed? receipts? warranty card on file?

IMO, they should send a new one, and have a call tag sent by UPS etc. to pick up the old one after the new one arrives.

Well I have BDS shocks and think they are the best. I didn't even consider their trackbar when I replaced my OEM bar because I had my heart set on a JKS and that has also been a great product. Why anyone would purchase a Rusty's prohject after the numerous horror stories is beyond comprehension.

my local 4wd shop only sells BDS, to me they are way overpriced Garbage. If i want to pay $900 for a 3" lift before labor, i'll enjoy owning the best. Rubicon express.

Alot of people trashtalk Rusty's but personally I haven't had any issues, except for their leaf spring bushings. And the bushings aren't made by Rusty's. They get them elsewhere and stick them in their springs.

WI88XJ said:
Yeah, stick to Rusty's quality products
IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

umm... I don't think Rusty's made that part...maybe included it w/ something they made...

a lot of people trash them, but I haven't had a prob either...but I'm not a hard wheeler...

the last time I checked, you have to pay to play.

I have a trac bar from Kevin's. A bit more money but I am 100% happy with it. :yelclap:

Back to the topic;...It is true they could have sent out a replacement and have the courier pick up the broken part when they drop off the new part. My experiance over the years have been the manufacturer requires you send the broken part back first before they send out a replacement.

Get an RMA # (Return Material Authorization #) or whatever they call it, then send them the broken part.

My $0.02

90Blue_XJ said:
Well I have BDS shocks and think they are the best. I didn't even consider their trackbar when I replaced my OEM bar because I had my heart set on a JKS and that has also been a great product. Why anyone would purchase a Rusty's prohject after the numerous horror stories is beyond comprehension.

Nothing like promoting the local "Villiage Wisdom".

Why would anyone buy a JEEP after all the broken jeep stories on the internet .............

:looser:

I had two BDS trackbars break on my XJ, once on the freeway at about 75 and once in the parking lot here at work, never wheeled either. Both times the TRE snapped

Trackbars that use TRE's are not as reliable as some others out there. Almost every report Ive seen on here about broken track bars (mostly Rusty's) are about breaks at the TRE's. Which the manufacturer of the bar doesn't build. A TRE isn't made for that type of movement :dunno:

i have used rustys track bars and broke one (it was my fault) used a 3" lift track bar on a 5.5" lifted jeep... I now use TNTs track bar system and I havent seen a better bar out there yet. send the BDS beck now get the refund and sell the new bar to someone else

Mosephus said:
The few. The Proud. The In Denial.

J/K I hope BDS come through for him.

He was able to return the track bar to the local BDS dealer in Lynchburg VA and get store credit there, he did not want another BDS bar.

I run the JKS Johnny Jointed bar on my trail rig but my friend doesn't wheel his stuff as hard as I do and therefore doesn't spend the money for the reliability that I do. The Rustys bar looks like it will work for the stuff he runs.

xjtrailrider said:
I run the JKS Johnny Jointed bar on my trail rig but my friend doesn't wheel his stuff as hard as I do and therefore doesn't spend the money for the reliability that I do. The Rustys bar looks like it will work for the stuff he runs.

So when his rusty's trackbar breaks, are you going to post up a "DON'T BUY RUSTY's!" thread here? or are you going to try and convince your friend his life is not worth cheap parts?

Your friend got what he paid for, and then installed it poorly, getting out of it exactly what he was asking for.

Sounds like he's doing it a second time, maybe you should make an early christmas present of a real trackbar for him.

cal said:
So when his rusty's trackbar breaks, are you going to post up a "DON'T BUY RUSTY's!" thread here? or are you going to try and convince your friend his life is not worth cheap parts?
Nope, he was fore-warned and he has read reviews, I'm not his keeper just a friend.

cal said:
Your friend got what he paid for, and then installed it poorly, getting out of it exactly what he was asking for.
As stated before, he was sold the wrong bar or the bar was inadequate for his lift, he bought the bar that BDS suggested. He is a noob to modded jeeps and didn't know better about the threaded end being too far out.

cal said:
Sounds like he's doing it a second time, maybe you should make an early christmas present of a real trackbar for him.
I can barely afford what I have, I can't afford to supply my friends with new jeep parts. I make suggestions, they either listen or they don't, I can't control that. Like stated many times now, BDS should not have suggested and sold him the bar that they did and the point of the post was the lack of customer support and "attitude" that BDS took about the issue.

Well I've seen ALOT of info on Rusty's trackbar breaking, so you know what you got, be happy with it and don't complain when it does what they do. Break.

This is just insane.... :roflmao:

You say that, but Ive had mine for over 3 years. Maybe Im not just hardcore enough :dunno:

That said Ive read enough on here to not be surprised if the TRE did break, although it's not the one that came straight from Rusty's so I may have a shot of it lasting :eyes:

i think the BDSs way of handling the warranty issue is more than reasonable here... nobody will send out free replacement parts with no proof. at least he got it taken care of. i guess he needs to avoid those "chock holes" huh? i cant imagine what would happen if a Corolla hit the same hole!!

Back