• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Done in Iraq?

Don't trust Obama that far. It will most likely be combat troops only. EOD and combat engineers will be there for some time, along with any others they can think of such as air lift and defensive forces.

What is he going to do with all the troops when they hit stateside? He can't discharge them because that would add to the unemployment numbers before an election.

I have close friend in SF that is already gearing up for more time in Afghanistan. A lot more time! Don't trust the half wit occupying the Whitehouse if his lips were moving he was not telling the truth.

Don't trust Obama that far. It will most likely be combat troops only. EOD and combat engineers will be there for some time, along with any others they can think of such as air lift and defensive forces.

What is he going to do with all the troops when they hit stateside? He can't discharge them because that would add to the unemployment numbers before an election.

I heard on the news that he's claiming that only about 200 will remain to protect the embassy. I'm definitely not holding my breath.

It will most likely be combat troops only. EOD and combat engineers will be there for some time, along with any others they can think of such as air lift and defensive forces.
Funny, I seem to recall that they announced that "all combat troops" would be removed from Iraq a couple years ago. My buddy was IN Iraq at the time. During a call, he let me know his entire unit was re-assigned a new non-combat arms MOS, with no change of mission.

I think they're talking about actually abandoning Iraq. Sucks, but since we haven't had a coherent, steady, long-term strategy since we moved in there, maybe it's best to just leave and let them sort it out themselves.(or let the Iranians sort it out for them.) The way it is now, we're not accomplishing anything, and just giving the radicals something to shoot at.

We don't really need to do anything with the returning troops. Re-populate places like Fort Stewart that were essentially abandoned when we sent the units overseas, deactivate the guard and reserve units,.. probably not too many spares. And of course, if we really need to have solders in active combat zones, there's always Afghanistan.

The news said Obama is pulling out because the Iraqi government wouldn't grant our troops legal immunity. I'm sure that plenty of mercenaries and contractors will remain behind on the US and Iraqi payroll.

Keep in mind that there are still a few big bases in kuwait that are easily within driving distance to iraq. I'm willing to bet that they concentrate troops in kuwait and use it as a staging area for one giant QRF(quick reaction force) for the whole area.

Why else would they still be sending heavy combat brigades into that specific theater if they really are drawing down like the media wants us to think.

Back