• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doing On Board Air (OBA) what else can I get rid of?

NHxj4x4 said:
I 2nd what spanky is gonna do, I'm getting a tranny cooler also, so this will give me plenty of room for that. I'll put some mesh either behind the grill, or in front of the rad to protect it. That ricer mesh crap (but painted black of course) is REALLY cheap on ebay, maybe I'll go with that.

Todd

Why not run the tranny fluid through the old condensor? That is what I would do in your case and many have done before as is an old trick on many vehicles.

Gojeep said:
Why not run the tranny fluid through the old condensor? That is what I would do in your case and many have done before as is an old trick on many vehicles.

I was actually thinking of that just a few minutes ago looking at summit for tranny coolers. I'm going to just leave that in and run the tranny fluid through it, save some cash, plus that is one massive tranny cooler.

Thanks!

Todd

About running the tranny fluid through it, I thought trannys had to be a certain temp and actually didn't like being too cold. Maybe that would over cool it? Specially in the winter time?

Just a thought.

Good point, and I have no idea, I plan on running a temp gauge for the trans. I suppose if the temp is too low (and I forget the normal temp range, but will figure that out) that I can ditch the condenser, and just get a normal trans cooler.

Todd

You can get a by pass for it that fits in-line and will divert the fluid back to the trans when the temperature is too low allowing for a quicker warm up as well as keeping the cooler out of the loop on cold days. They have a present temperature so you dont have to do anything. The other way is just to run it is back through you radiator cooler which will bring it back up to a normal temp and help cool your engine too under some circumstances. The only thing that you miss this way is the faster warm up at start up as the radiator coolant will be cold too and not circulating.

Back