• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Doing commander headlights on my 88

Well I just got my commander lights in the mail. $29 for one and $39 for the other. With shipping it was $80. Now I feel kinda lost cuz, from here I don't know what to do.
I know wanna cut my only header panel and I'd like to have it giberglassed. I guess the light r gonna sit here. Any suggestions?

Well I just got my commander lights in the mail. $29 for one and $39 for the other. With shipping it was $80. Now I feel kinda lost cuz, from here I don't know what to do.
I know wanna cut my only header panel and I'd like to have it giberglassed. I guess the light r gonna sit here. Any suggestions?

Why did you buy them if you don't want to install them?

:dunno:

Robert

You just said what you have to do in your post...cut your header panel and glass around the openings...If you aren't willing/wanting to do it on your only header panel then obviously you are going to have to get a second one.

jeepflames.jpg

rattle canned and airbrushed today
frontcloseup.jpg

Will the 84-96 front bumper brackets work or will i have to use the 97-01 brackets to install the newer bumper?
sidecloseup.jpg

rear.jpg

I love the flames on your Jeep kosmik. Did you really do them yourself? It looks sweet with the commander headlights too. I bet the liftgate took some work to glass in. :)

kosmik, to answer your question the 97+ bumper should bolt to the older brackets. The main difference between the 2 bumpers is that the later are not as wide as the pre-96 ones.

jeepflames.jpg

rattle canned and airbrushed today
frontcloseup.jpg

Will the 84-96 front bumper brackets work or will i have to use the 97-01 brackets to install the newer bumper?
sidecloseup.jpg

rear.jpg

the hatch looks like it belongs on an s10 blazer but other than that your jeep looks sick

I don't like flames, but that looks really good. I don't like the rear hatch either, not the rear lights. But it looks like you did a great job on getting the commander head lights to fit.

Not what I would have done, but it's different, and I think that was your point. I like the lights though.

WRT to the bumper brackets- it's been covered in another thread recently, but I believe all you need to do is either drill a couple of holes in the new bumper, or buy the newer brackets.

Here's some pictures of my conversion. I know my build has been lost over time and I haven't done any updates for you guys. Ill try to bring up more pictures of my build

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0036.jpg

And some on the actual process

IMG_1592.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg
IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg