• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does the R134A conversion really work???

My 85, 87, and 89 jeeps are all converted to R-134a, and they work great. Freeze the b*lls off a polar bear at about 85 to 90 F on Max AC, with fan on high.

You know there are people out there monitoring this web site and collecting this type of information to use agents us?????

They use this stuff showing that we are a bad influence to the environment. These are the same people trying to shut down the parks that we wheel in.

How about you all just Shut The Hell Up before you get the hole off-roading community in trouble.

(EDIT: My comment was for posts that were deleted)

Last edited:
Well, we can only comment on what we see. Recommending he go to a shop and have the ungreen r12 recycled and do recharge with green r134 is what the people in green helicopters want us to be saying.

Last time I checked here in Houston non of the shops had R-12 recycling equipment anymore. In fact all they will do is switch systems over to R-134a now, here in Houston.

It is getting real hard to find anyone in the automotive area with R-12 equipment anymore.

The commercial guys with R-22 equipment might still be able to recycle R-12, but they don't usually work on cars.

like i said thanks guys and i didnt know that they might do it for free i mean i know i can get it for free because of my cuz but thanks i didn't know that i will pass that around for sure
and by the way im not going to get them im trouble this is what this website is for to help people that dont really know alot about it and they did a good job at helping me do the right thing and it will be free Thanks for all the help there was alot more replies than expected and alot more replies that were alot more than enough info.
Thanks Travis

Another option would be to use synthetic R12. A buddy evacuated and charged up my R12 equipped Mazda and it's blowing ice cubes. I'm gonna have him do the same on the 92 MJ.

what is that i have never herd of that but im not dumb i know r134a is synthetic where can you get it and expensive???

im not going to my cuz works at the honda place he said he would do it for me for free and i might not even do that the post above yours a guy said that i could use something called synthetic r12 but thanks anyways

Back