• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does size matter

Have you seen my baseball?

I ran 31's on 355's then went to 33's and felt a huge difference. over time i convinced myself it wasnt bad. Now that i have 456 I wouldnt even consider runnign stock gearing on 33's again.

Hey i have stock gears and 35's and it will keep up with my dads rubicon on 33's and 4.10's. Its better off the line and has a higher top speed as well
Off the line?
Didnt realize we were drag racing.And i call bs anyway. Or maybe your dad cant drive for shit.

I ran 31s and 33s with 3.55s and it was fine. Im now on 4.56s w/35s. My buddy is still running his 3.55s with 33s. Its not the best setup but really its not all that bad. If you have the money for a regear than i would do it but if you dont, I would not worry about until you do.

Bill

I'm running 33s, 3.55s, and an ax15 and it pretty much sucks. 4.10s would be decent but I'm aiming straight for 5.13s probably as I will be going larger when I wear these tires out.

33s on stock gears sucks. I did it, it sucked. I got 4.88s, it's awesome.

I did 33's on 355's with an auto, and I tell you what, at freeway speeds for close to an hour it cooked the heck out of my tranny oil, and it came spouting out of my tranny and made one heck of a mess under her. For wheelin in 4 lo, I didn't have much any problem with it tho.

Hey i have stock gears and 35's and it will keep up with my dads rubicon on 33's and 4.10's. Its better off the line and has a higher top speed as well

I don't think so... My dad has a Rubi, had 4.10s and 33s at one point and I could barely keep up with 32s, 3.55s, and an AW4. Now he has 35s, 5.38s, a CAI, and a tuner and I have no chance of keeping up. I can go like 5 mph faster though, lol. :moon:

i got 4.10s on 29s in my auto MJ. all you guys running stock gears are :looney:

you guys may think its not so bad now, but wait till you drive a correctly geared or in my case over geared jeep, then you'll realize what you're missing out on :greensmok
Hell, just wait til you drive a stocker again. Mine could keep up with my buddy's 95 Mustang GT convertible, just about any non turbo four banger, and even a BMW E46 325i. Running 33s on the stock gearing sucks.

my only driveable stocker has no head gasket between cyl 3 and 4. My MJ with the AX15, 3.55s, and 33s out accelerates it :roflmao:

Can't wait though, I'm most of the way ready to put the stock 88 on the road...

I still have one running 33's and 3.55's waiting on me to get home to swap the 4.88's, but its not terrible I still pull 18MPG. Depends on the tire IMO, my Bias TSL's sucked with the stock gears, but my radial Coopers feel fine no different than the 31's I ran. I have correctly and overgeared vehicles my truck ran 4.88's and 33's the performance boost was cool, but not a huge difference. That only went from 4.10s to 4.88s though.

Back