• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

does bypassing e-fan mess up a/c?

wildcat-xj

NAXJA Forum User
89 4.0 aw4 4x4

I put my e-fan on a switch, bypassing renix all together. will this affect operation of a/c? assuming i turn the fan on when a/c is running. i just took the jeep to an a/c shop for a diagnosis and just want to be ready for when i get the call.

thanks

just got the jeep back. apparently efan switch does not affect the a/c operation. but mechanic says evap core really dirty. he wants $700 to replace it. can i clean it? it blows cold but has low air volume. with fan on high it is blowing like it is on low but you can hear the fan speed change as you change the switch.

any ideas?

If youre going in to the evaporator, you may as well replace it. Theres no sense going in there more than one time if you dont have to. When I added AC to my MJ, I had to clean all sorts of crap out of that area, and then I hosed the whole thing down with Lysol to disinfect and kill any mold. If youre going in to do that you may as well replace it for all the work you have to do to get to that point.

If youre going in to the evaporator, you may as well replace it. Theres no sense going in there more than one time if you dont have to. When I added AC to my MJ, I had to clean all sorts of crap out of that area, and then I hosed the whole thing down with Lysol to disinfect and kill any mold. If youre going in to do that you may as well replace it for all the work you have to do to get to that point.

And replace the 21-year old heater core while you are at it.

Back