• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does anybody make... ?

DetroitStyle

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed my 33x12.5 tires, and of course, they stick out way past the stock flares. I'd really rather NOT spend $400+ on Bushwackers, but that seems like my only real option.

So, I was thinking... does anybody make any sort of spacer for the stock flares? Remove stock flares, install 2" spacer, re-install stock flares on top of those? Basically like stacking legos on top of each other.

If not... why not? I imagine I'm not alone in hating the idea of $400 flares that are just going to get busted up... but I also don't want tickets for my wheels sticking out too far.

Haven't seen any spacers, and to be honest, the way the stock flares mount up I think it'd be a waste of time trying to make one. Nearly half of the bolts on mine snapped when I was taking the flares off for fender trimming. Same thing on my last rig.

If you want a cheap, good-looking alternative check out craigslist, ebay, etc for some rear TJ flares. Get two sets, and mount them up to your rig. I couldn't find four rears in my time frame (fix-it ticket) and ended up using a full set of YJ flares. Good tire coverage, and they look good and are durable on the trails too.

5970-she-sits-currently-re-4-5-la-hybrid-33x12-50-mtr-kevlars-yj-flares-tnt-unibody-stiffeners-ajs-superrail-sliders-bunch-more-dents.jpg

X2 on the TJ flares. I have a set that I am going to be mounting up in the next couple days

You could buy a set of d windows with less backspacing. They are $184 for a set at jegs or summit racing I cant remember which. Im running either 4" or 4.5" bs and barely stick out in the front and only stick out about an inch in the back. If you rip out the plastic wheel well crap up front you should only rub at full lock which you can adjust.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Back