• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you think this Cherokee is fairly priced? Pics...

looks like a very fair price.. IMO.. if i would have seen it this time last month, it would be sitting in my driveway (painted)

True.

I have about 15K invested in my 2001 over the cost of the Jeep. Do you think I could get 15K out of it?

You never ever EVER get out of a vehicle what you put into them.
True, but i also like to break it down to what i could make off the rig if i parted it out.. This gives me a better idea of what to come up with as a reasonable offer:

$1200 for the axles (with compressor)
$600 winch and bumper
$1000 lift
$400 wheels/tires
$400 Tcase/shaft
$200 Sliders

Thats $3800, that would sell quick. and probably another $1000 worth of parts that arnt listed, and to top it off scrap prices are high right now, so i can easily get $250+ after i part it out and junk it..

No, I'm not buying it.. but if i had $3000-$3200 i would for sure be contacting him

You don't expect to get back everything you spend, but you also expect not to get screwed over by the buyer.

I wouldn't pay that much for that one either... Just my opinion.

I mean, sure it's got nice stuff on it but the only thing I'd be interested in would be the tires, lift, locker, and gears. The armor is too bulky and ugly.

I'd keep looking. I find them better looking than that one for that price all day long.

Plus, I didn't read the add closely so idk if he listed it or not but did you notice that passenger side drip rail/ roofline. It's pushed in majorly. Look at the picture from the front. The roof is pushed up 3".

Edit: I see "The bad..." now. I BET it's got deathwobble. ;) Maybe I'd like if it were all one color...

Last edited:
You don't expect to get back everything you spend, but you also expect not to get screwed over by the buyer.
Never mind, I read the whole ad, and would not spend that much on it. Not when it was rolled and never repaired.

I wouldn't pay that much for that one either... Just my opinion.

I mean, sure it's got nice stuff on it but the only thing I'd be interested in would be the tires, lift, locker, and gears. The armor is too bulky and ugly.

I'd keep looking. I find them better looking than that one for that price all day long.

Plus, I didn't read the add closely so idk if he listed it or not but did you notice that passenger side drip rail/ roofline. It's pushed in majorly. Look at the picture from the front. The roof is pushed up 3".

Edit: I see "The bad..." now. I BET it's got deathwobble. ;) Maybe I'd like if it were all one color...

Actually it drives great... no wobble at all!

Nope...would pay maybe $2k for it.

You couldn't even duplicate the axles that rig has for 2k......

Maybe you can't...but I can easily. Hell I can build better ones for that much. Not much in the way of special in those axles besides an ARB.

Oh, and I call TOTAL BS on the $18k invested. If all that cost him $18k then he got hosed BAD.

With $18k I could build several cherokee's of the same build type as that one, or a nice Cherobuggy for that matter.

Last edited:
IMO 96 is the best year of any Cherokees
I disagree. I would go with a '99 Sport non-ABS with part-time 4wd. Last year of the HP D30. 297 u-joints. 29 spline 8.25 rear. 231 TC with large aftermarket support. 4.0L HO with AW4 auto. pretty much my ideal stock model. FWIW mine is a 2000 with the LP30. I originally bought an XJ for it's utility, and the fact that I was becoming a dad. Had I known I would eventually be sucked into the aftermarket money pit it is now, I woulld have started with a '99

Back