• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you like "LuK" clutches?

b5blue

NAXJA Forum User
Opinions or experience with LuK brand clutch products? My good friend who owns a transmission shop highly recommends them. I know you guys have "real world testing" to extremes his customers may never see. I'm looking at clutch set 01-034 for my 89 XJ with Aisin 5 speed.
After road testing my Jeep his said peddle effort was much to high, possibly the previous owner's mechanic installed a pressure plate with extra high clamping pressure. (?) He went on to say this could cause the slave cylinder to fail sooner. The clutch is grabbing fine but after an 11 year old master failed and I replaced the line also I'm worried the 8 year old (With very little miles.) slave may go next. b5

I've got a Luk Pro (might be a Gold, don't remember,) it's been in my 94 for years. I've been happy with it.

I have one in my 97 F250 with the diesel. I had it put in while the tranny was being rebuilt because of worn synchros. I have no complaints.

I had one in my YJ...it was fantastic! I used just the "standard" LuK clutch, not the "gold" or "pro" version. I'd happily put another LuK in if I needed a clutch.

Back