• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DO NOT UPGRADE TO iOS7 WITHOUT TRYING IT FIRST

joe_peters

NAXJA Forum User
iOS7 SUCKS in my humble opinion.

I think Apple is learning to replicate Microsoft's screw ups with Windows.

IMHO THIS WAS NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME.

Now we have two phones that are "buggy" and the phone store's answer is "Just wait, we are sure Apple will work things out...".

Been running it for awhile myself on a few different platforms.
I don't care for the new calendar, but other than that I like the rest of it.

Sounds like an app issue or store issue.

And no, I am not a sole apple koolaid drinker.

my iphone5, my gf's iphone5, her retina ipad, her mom's iphone 4s, my dad's ipad mini 2... all work fine. i'll x2 what bill said, i think the calendar app sucks but otherwise i like it a lot. i ran one of the betas for a couple weeks than downgraded back to ios6 last month to get the upgrade normally.

did you upgrade an iphone 4? bc that would be dumb. apple has ALWAYS pushed beefcake software onto the "last/oldest supported model" to force people to upgrade out of date hardware. thats nothing new. the iphone 4s is two years old, the 5 a year old, and the 4 is three years old. 3 years old is ancient in the land of tech... you wouldnt put jellybean or kitkat on a droid 3 or LG whatever from 3 years ago.

Lets start with the CRAYOLA interface--not "ugly", but "FUGLY".

Move on to it crashing different apps, if it didn't COMPLETELY ERASE all of your apps during the upgrade--my Wife and I are 50/50 on this one--her apps were all erased, and I am in the process of deleting and attempting to reload the multiple apps that now crash when I attempt to use them.

You mentioned the calendar--my favorite function of a "smart phone" is access to my Google calender--it has become clumsy, the appearance sucks, and is about one-third as usable.

As for the "notification" and "control" centers--a waste.

No improvements on my iPhone 4S. Maybe this is a case of "upgrade" versus "original install", but if I was standing in a store and looking at the two OS, I wouldn't pick the one that seems to have been inspired by ever screw-up that Microsoft had with Windows.

the lack of skeuomorphism is a design trend that actually started with windows phone 8. its where tech is going, so get used to it.

i guess you didnt back up first? and what apps are crashing? its not apple's fault that a third party app developer's program isnt working on ios7.

the notification center is almost a carbon copy of android's google now. the control center is something windows, palm, and android has always had.

did you sync your google account the RIGHT way? using the mail/contacts/calendar settings?

you really just seem like an ornery old dude. may i suggest:

Nokia_5160.jpg

and

pen-and-paper-851174-m.jpg

Why yes, yes I am an ornery old dude! How did you know?

Ok--if this is where tech is going, then it is going nowhere.

Yes, I did backup my phone before upgrading.

Strange, Apple didn't announce that some apps wouldn't or might not be compatible with iOhSh*t 7--at least Microsoft has done that with Windows upgrades.

Wow--I guess I should have had an Android then I could have had the notification center all along! Or, maybe, I didn't like the Android OS in the first place.

And yes, I have my accounts synched correctly.

Thanks for making me go look up skeuomorphism.

That being said, I think design decision for these mature technologies more and more focus on revenue potential and less and less on user experience.

My small experiences...

Upgrading my last iPhone to the latest OS was a nightmare similar to Joe's (Maybe why I have an android now).

Google Maps on my android. Latest upgrade strips My Maps and there is NO WAY to cut and paste an address (sharing only gives you the URL, not the address). REALLY? Can't CUT AND PASTE an address? Google thinks I have no need to?? WHAT?

Mathduko... a game I really enjoy, completely destroyed by "upgraded" user interface. Looks like they were going for skeuomorphism... :D

Iphone 4s 32 gig, no issues on the upgrade. Never have used the factory calendar, use a calendar app called week calendar, I love it. Oddly, its similar to the android calendar I had on my original droid years ago. Its the only thing I missed about my droid and it only cost me a couple bucks to get it.

My wife has a Iphone 4 16 gig and had to delete a bunch of things to get the new upgrade. As soon as the upgrade was done, she got everything back from the cloud.

We are going to be getting new phones here at some point. However, all of our extra $$ is tied up in the Moab trip.

mac 'verizon will buy the old phones back' gyvr

I won't! ;)

and what apps are crashing? its not apple's fault that a third party app developer's program isnt working on ios7.

FYI--one of those "not Apple's fault" apps that isn't working--the iTunes Store.

ROTFLMFAO!

I will say the new fingerprint thing on the 5s is neat. I haven't been able to trick it over the past few days. It's nice.

Still not liking the calendar. I may try the one mac suggested.

youre one of the few who have a non-working piece of hardware. perhaps it was made on a monday morning or friday afternoon.

Wrong, Apple-store dude.

Searched the internet, located dozens of others with the same problem, JUST ANOTHER GLITCH IN IOS7.

Back