• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dirtbound Offroad

Johnnie Walker

Piece of Fish!
NAXJA Member
Great service, fast shipping. Pics of item installed. I purchased his single gauge/switch panel for the 96- XJ. Instructions say to remove the rivets for the stock latch of the ashtray, but for now I just bent it down so that the panel would fit.

Before I swapped to the 97+ console I had my TC lockup switch in the shifter bezel so I could flip it on/off while in gear. Then I switched the the 97+ and did not want to make any holes in the newer one so I had my switch wires wrapped around the shifter, til I received this guy.

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

I saw those switch panels while over at dirtbound, they look to be an awesome product at a great price!
Is that a 97+ shifter bezel, but a 96- dash and a 96- gauge panel?

I saw those switch panels while over at dirtbound, they look to be an awesome product at a great price!
Is that a 97+ shifter bezel, but a 96- dash and a 96- gauge panel?
I have a Renix XJ, I swapped in the full 97+ console. Cupholders FTMFW! Part of the reason was due to the original shifter bezel was fubar'd, and I wanted cupholders. I got a great deal on the center console/parts. The locations for the 96- are not ideal.

when swapping the console, how much was involved in moving the ebrake handle, if you even had to? looks like the newer ones are off center.

also, i got my bumper brackets from dirt bound, i was pretty happy with the quality and service.

when swapping the console, how much was involved in moving the ebrake handle, if you even had to? looks like the newer ones are off center.

also, i got my bumper brackets from dirt bound, i was pretty happy with the quality and service.
To use the 96- brake handle there are a few options. I have the newer lever, but was too lazy to swap it. The option I chose was to "bend" the handle toward the driver side to clear the opening and enable it to be engaged/disengaged as normal.
Other options, trim the opening enough to allow the stock 96- to work as normal. And then of course, swap in the 97+ handle. How the cables actually mount is different, but easy enough to fix. Also, some self tappers or drill/tap for the bolt holes that are offset on the newer handle.

I ordered their hack N Tap SYE and it came quickly, but the tap and one of the drill bits that I paid extra for were not included. There were also no instructions and no lock washer for the yoke bolt. It did however include 4 extra mystery bolts with washers. I left a voicemail at their office and sent them an email and have not gotten any response. So far I am not impressed and would not order from them again.

I ordered their hack N Tap SYE and it came quickly, but the tap and one of the drill bits that I paid extra for were not included. There were also no instructions and no lock washer for the yoke bolt. It did however include 4 extra mystery bolts with washers. I left a voicemail at their office and sent them an email and have not gotten any response. So far I am not impressed and would not order from them again.

Sorry about that, I did not see the email in the ticket system so just did a search on our other email and sure enough there was one from you.

I will have the missing parts sent out asap.

this seems a good enough thread to bump.

I won a free E-Fan conversion kit at the Winterfest raffle. I redeemed my coupon on may 30th on the website.

Max emailed me the next day and wanted a picture of the ticket.
I got around to it a few days later on the 2nd or 3rd (it was the weekend).
My e fan kit shipped on the 9th and is scheduled for delivery on the 14th.

Thanks Max, and thank you for supporting the club! Will update when it shows up and I get it installed on the wife's XJ. (The fan kit is way too nice for my pile....)

I ordered the coil spring retainers for my jeep. I can't get anyone to answer the phone. paid for them on June 4th. I get a email on Thursday June 8th that my order is being processed. I was told by you in a another thread that it was being taken care of.......?????? I have dealt with many other companies with online orders and i have to say this is ridiculous.

If you are a one man show I could understand but maybe you should let people know that it can take weeks. there isn't any regard to customer service. I was thinking about getting a triple threat set up for my jeep. I will say this I'm thinking about figuring out something else now. I am also thinking about seeing what i can do about getting my money back for the parts that you have been paid for. I have made several attempts to contact you been very patient. The person that recommended you to me probably won't refer you again as this isn't the first time you have done this to him.

Well shoot, I am going to have to call Iron Rock. I sent the order in to them the 7th and got a confirmation the 8th. They can take a week to ship sometimes, but this should have shipped pretty quick. I just tried searching for a tracking and I don't see one.

I just spent some time searching emails and I think I got it figured out what happened, I sent in two orders around the same time and it appears they sent both to the same person one being your coil retainers.

This is the first time something like this has happened, but I also know Kristen at Iron Rock has been in and out as she just had a baby last month. So others have been processing orders.

I ordered the coil spring retainers for my jeep. I can't get anyone to answer the phone. paid for them on June 4th. I get a email on Thursday June 8th that my order is being processed. I was told by you in a another thread that it was being taken care of.......?????? I have dealt with many other companies with online orders and i have to say this is ridiculous.
it's been one week, and you're saying that's a ridiculous amount of time to wait? is this your first online order or what?

If you are a one man show I could understand...

he is.

Thank you for taking the time to figure it out webdog. Please let me know if they will be to me before Thursday if not I need to figure out something to get me by till after Nac fest

Grimmjeeper no it's not I have placed orders with many companies small and large and always have a shipping confirmation in a day or two from that company and back in the day they would just call and give me an expected date as I have built lots of trucks.... I also like dealing with smaller companies because of customer service is better

Thank you for taking the time to figure it out webdog. Please let me know if they will be to me before Thursday if not I need to figure out something to get me by till after Nac fest

Grimmjeeper no it's not I have placed orders with many companies small and large and always have a shipping confirmation in a day or two from that company and back in the day they would just call and give me an expected date as I have built lots of trucks.... I also like dealing with smaller companies because of customer service is better
I think your critique may hold more weight with others if you didn't come in all hot and bothered about waiting a week. He is indeed a one man shop, so between fabbing parts for people and placing orders with other companies to be drop shipped, it will take a little longer than others who have more employees. Especially when I'm pretty sure he told you in the other thread that the order was placed with Iron Rock on the 7th. If he placed the order with Iron Rock, you should be mad at Iron Rock for not getting your stuff shipped out.

I can agree with you about the one man shop but my order is with dirt bound not iron rock plane and simple and tomorrow it will be 2 weeks. if i would have just waited and waited then what. if you read the post before he had thought the item was shipped, and was to someone else. If you do work for someone and the parts are wrong or never show up. the customer doesn't go to the parts company. it is the responsibility of the person you give money too. i do believe webdog will agree to this. now knowing that he is a one man shop i will make sure to order way in advance for a triple threat. i do know what it is like to be a small business owner. lets see if everyone can count the days right and let webdog deal with the issue.

I agree that you should come to me for assistance, I knew the coil retainers shipped and they did but IRO shipped them to the wrong person. I checked the order email to make sure the shipping address was to you and it was. Monday morning I will be getting in contact with them and correcting the situation.

As for the fan kits, they have been very popular recently and we have been trying to get them shipped within 5 business days or less. Sometimes it takes a little longer and sometimes it ships same day. It depends on demand and how much supplies we have on hand.

Right now I do have one person here pretty much full time, but he is mainly welding bumpers and assembling kits.

came today thank you for fixing the problem Webdog have a great weekend

Great service, fast shipping. Pics of item installed. I purchased his single gauge/switch panel for the 96- XJ. Instructions say to remove the rivets for the stock latch of the ashtray, but for now I just bent it down so that the panel would fit.
pic.php

Wow. I was just about to order one of these, just the blank panel so I can punch holes for two gauges, but after seeing it installed I don't think so. The fit doesn't look right at all. Think it would look better by removing the rivets as it was designed for? Maybe painting it would help.....

Here is a photo of the current ones that ship, they are now sand blasted for a finish.

I need to take some finished photos as this was taken with my phone during install so the dash is not attached.

8049558835_d8a2acc28a_z.jpg

8049561543_9a1680c9b2_z.jpg

Back