• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Different shackle angles

redman

NAXJA Forum User
A while ago I realized my shackle angles were bad on my 1998 xj with a 4.5 in lift. I also realized the driver side and passenger side shackles were at different angles. I just finished installing a hd off road no lift shackle relocation bracket. When I got every thing back together one shackle is at 45 degrees but the other is more flat. Any idea on went the angles would be different? Any way to fix it? Also does anyone know the torque specs for the shackle bolts?

Couple questions, some offensive... Are brackets mounted evenly? are shackles in the same holes on the brackets? Did springs seat correctly on the perches? Are springs evenly arched? Don't have my manual handy, but I think the shackle torque is about 35lbs. Don't torque anything on the suspension with the suspension UNLOADED. Full gross weight should be on the suspension.

No offense taken. The brackets are correct and the shackles in the same hole. I never removed the leaf spring from the perch so those should be good as well. Thinking it's a torque issue. Is it 35lbs for the bolts attaching the shackle to the sub frame as well as the bolt connecting the shackle to the leaf spring? I have looked in my manual and could not find it.

Back