• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Differences in aftermarket TB's???

RE-xtremeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking to put an aftermarket throttle body in my 2001 4.0HO. I know there are several different choices including:

-Jeepers and creepers- 59.69mm $235 ($125 refunded w/core)
-Rubicon Express- 62mm $300
-Hesco- 62mm $195(they machine your TB)
-Xj Armor- 62mm $210
- 60mm $190

-My question is: has anyone installed any of these, and what were the results, satisfied/not?? Also i heard the RE TB has 2 throttle positions??

Thanks for any info,
Mike.

I wouldn't go for aTB that is not 62mm as it will not make any difference, the only difference it makes if you get a bigger tb because more gas/air will go into the engine, makes sense? Also take a closer look at all the tbs they sell, all of them have the extra piece/thing on the throttle plate, except this one which allows for more air when throttle fully open!!!! take a closer look...

I personally will go for this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7969250868

item number: 7969250868

JeepSpeed said:
I bet those are pricey.

Yeah, try $360 for size.
I bought a Mustang 65mm TB from e-bay for $76 and heavily modified it to work on my strokered XJ. I'm very happy with the result especially since it cost so little.

installed the one from STEVE on ebay,... the guy who does different ones for neons GNs and jeeps... 62mm on a HO4 ...
as soon as the jeep is started it idles better, noticeable right away.. reset the computer and went for a spin... what a difference ! let me tell you!!! worth every penny! i press the pedal 1/16 and the jeep just "jumps" forward! ... highly recommended!!!

Back