• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diff -vs- tire size

I tell you when you really notice the 3:55 with 31 not being low enough is when your coming down a steep grade with lot of obsticales and loose ground. It comes down too fast and as soon as you brake it wants to go sideways. Gear have lots of benefits off road. It doesn't bottom out going up steeps grades as easilly either. My will bog down after a long pull if it starts losing traction.
If your off roading I'd save up for Gears. I'm locked in the front and have a posi in the rear, but the gear problem has been my number one issue off road.

I have the 8 1/4 also and am looking into a gear change, but while i am in the axle I would like to make it a three wheel drive. I dont see many reasonable options out there. trackloc and auburn which ive ben told are not much different and both extreamly weak, or arb for like 800 + air comp. Is there any other options?

no slip

Hey MontanaXJ and boise49ers...thanks. This is the kind of information I've been wondering about. The highway driving hasn't been too bad but I typically drive on secondary roads and not so much on the major highways but I can see your point. The offraod issues make sense too.
Thanks guys much appreciated!

Back