• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

diff carriers

Baystate Offroad.

For all your skydriving needs.

IMG_1017.jpg

I bought my raer xj 44 from Bob a while back, and I can honestly say he's very knowledge about and does some real nice work so I would trust what he says to be true..

you are aware that this whole thing started because you called me retarded right?

what ratio's :looser:

Your time stamp clearly shows your post 2hrs ahead of mine...and mine quoted yours (was in reply to). Stop making shit up Hasta
if you ever get it finished. :spin1:

the rest of this thread is retarded. who puts 33"s or 35"s on an XJ and doesn't care about trail performance.

if you want to have your rig do well on the trail gear as deep as you can.

If that's the case, you would be "retarded" to try to gear the diffs for off road performance instead of the transfer case:rolleyes:

Gear the diffs for the road, and the transfer case for the trail:rtm:

Your time stamp clearly shows your post 2hrs ahead of mine...and mine quoted yours (was in reply to). Stop making shit up Hasta

I didn't make jack shit up. I said this thread was retarded, you said I was retarded.

see any differences.

if you are going to call me a retard I am going to argue with you

Actually Rock, I believe it was Milton who said that.

Like I said bob, my career has required me to be focused elsewhere.

I owned my first Ramcharger for about a year before I got stationed in Korea and had to sell it.

After I got back I owned my second ramcharger for 2 years with a deployment to Iraq in the middle of that. Then I had to sell it because I got stationed in Germany for 3 years. Their strict laws regarding the eco system (and another trip to Iraq) pretty much restricted any 4wheeling hobby.

Bought my 1st Cherokee from Germany and then when I got back stateside I started playing with it until the motor blew right before my trip to Afghanistan so I bought a beater MJ and trashed it too.

Got home and bought my current XJ and had to sell the other two because of new orders moving me again. I've got a couple of trans swaps, STOCK axle swaps, lift installs, and other misc minor stuff under my belt and I am learning more all the time.

I appreciate the fact that you have amassed a wealth of knowledge and experience when it comes to wheeling.

That is why I come here. What started getting me fired up was it seemed like you guys were posting vague answers as "bait" and then when no one liked what they heard, we all blew up.

None of this shit has to be personal. We're all grown-ass men with nothing to prove to each other. Disagreeing with someone doesn't have to be a personal attack and this goes for both sides. Everyone of us is guilty of letting this thread get out of control and that is the most retarded part about it.

I bet if it weren't for this thread we would have a pretty good time smashing beers around a fire. That's the point of getting like-minded people together.

Hey Mopar Maniac, the point I was making with that post is that you guys have all been pretty down to earth, given the advanced level your rigs are at. From what I have read you guys have been pretty forthcoming with your experiences. That was it man.

Hopefully this thread gets locked and maybe we can all see eye to eye somewhere else.

I'm done here.

meh, they were both douchebags because nobody wanted to agree with them.

which is fine, but if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

No offense meant to you dozer. I hope your new rig works out for you.

My mother drove an '87 ramcharger for years with a 440 we dropped in it.

It's cool man.

My first RC was an 87 (318)- two-tone red and tan. When I bought it had a "Joe Dirt" vinyl across the windshield and a XXXX ton of nascar stickers where the headliner used to be.:wow: I loved it- 7 inches on 35s Cut my teeth on that truck. I ditched that sticker btw!!! Sold it to my best friend and he let it die.

My second one was a 79 (full convertible!!) with a 360. PO had 33 fronts and 35 rears with the 203 so it had issues. Swapped a bad axle out and the t-case started going right before I deployed. Got back and sold it... If I ever get a full size SUV it would be a 70s RC.

I'll be pullin ideas out of those builds over i advanced fab once I get deeper into this shyte. Prob fire some questions over to ya'll.

meh, they were both douchebags because nobody wanted to agree with them.

which is fine, but if you can't take it, don't dish it out.
I don't give a rat's ass if you agree with me or not...but a shitty attitude and warped sense of reality and running mouth like yours would get you a size 10 in the ass and sent packing from our camp fire for sure.

Stop. Move on. Quit calling names and trying so hard to be an interwebby cool/tough guy.Hasta

I don't give a rat's ass if you agree with me or not...but a shitty attitude and warped sense of reality and running mouth like yours would get you a size 10 in the ass and sent packing from our camp fire for sure.
size 10? you have small feet. :moon:

Stop. Move on. Quit calling names and trying so hard to be an interwebby cool/tough guy.Hasta

once again, you are bitching at me for "calling names" when:
A) you called me a retard first
and
B) we're not in elementary school anymore, stop crying.

im going to be putting 4.10 gears in my d30 and chrysler8.25. obviously it has 3.55s already.. do i need a different carrier with different spider gears than the 3.55s are already bolted to? im reading lots of conflicting ideas on this..
Dana/Spicer carrier breaks:
D35: 3.23 and down/3.55 and up
D30: 3.55 and down/3.73 and up
D44: 3.73 and down/3.92 and up
D60: 4.10 and down/4.56 and up

No carrier break for ChryCo 8.25

Spider gears are the same

Just got my XJ regeared to 4.56 on 33's with a AW4 love it driving hwy speeds to 55 mph ish, not a big fan of the combo at 65 mph. going off of gps till i get my new speedo gear. I know I am going to love it climbing hills out in the desert, but lets just say im glad I have a commuter car to get me to and from work 90 miles round trip. dont know about mileage yet. 4.10 might have been perfect but i havent tried that. so I will live with the 4.56 and not speed. lucky i dont drive the freeway to much just hwy. Just thought id post since i was looking at this thread while making my choice. these are my experiences with 4.56's and 33's. im turning 2600-2700 rpms at 65, I like the feel of 2200 rpm's at that speed. Its a personal thing. hope it helps someone when deciding.

Back