• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Diesel Programmers

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
I'm debating on witch programmer for my tow rig..

I plan to install a Fass 95gph lift pump, with 4" exhaust and BHAF, along with Gauges and a "programmer", All in april..

I'm just trying to decide witch one!..

I love the smarty On my brothers Twin turbo commonrail.. But i've heard the smarty sucks with the manual 2nd gens. How about the smartyJR?

I'm not too fond of Edge, as I've personally witnessed many problems with it..

Quadzilla?

My end goal is just to have a reliable, Tuned tow rig.. I'm not trying to make 500hp..

The truck has 370k miles on it, But it has a brand new valair clutch..

Advice?

I have a Smarty for my 99 2nd Gen 24v. No problems at all with it, I'd have no problem buying another.

I would go with H&S they seem to work really well and have great customer service. Just give them a call and they will let you know whats best.(There not really salesmen as they dont make commision on anything.)

I would go with H&S they seem to work really well and have great customer service. Just give them a call and they will let you know whats best.(There not really salesmen as they dont make commision on anything.)

I have an H&S minimax on my 08 F350, I will vouch for them.

mac 'not the cheapest, but solid' gyvr

i have a snapon stacked ontop of a craftsman....layin down 1193 lb/ft :D

on a serious note dont bother with a programer.
wait for your VP pump to shit the bed and do a solid P pump swap
tons of info on Cumminsforum

i have a snapon stacked ontop of a craftsman....layin down 1193 lb/ft :D

on a serious note dont bother with a programer.
wait for your VP pump to shit the bed and do a solid P pump swap
tons of info on Cumminsforum

The VP44 will last as long as a p-pump (for my needs)if it's got a solid reliable lift pump such as the FASS unit I have my eyes on (pulling trigger next week)

Last edited:
The VP44 will last as long as a p-pump blah blah blah blah blah blah blah boom

fixed

oh and after the nuclear Holocaust and zombies ill still be able to push start mine

fixed

oh and after the nuclear Holocaust and zombies ill still be able to push start mine

That's great, until the zombies attack.. I'll enjoy pushing my 370k mile vp44 until it dies.

I think I have settled on the quadzilla. Research says Smarty does not wire tap to the vP44

Back