• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

designing a traction bar?

wvredxj

NAXJA Forum User
I need some good write ups on how to build one. I have called a few places such as sam's offroad, and m.o.r.e and they told me there's would not be long enough. I am tired of wrap, i did a better rear end, and now i have to be eaiser on it because i continally break yoke adapters, its bullshit. THanks for the help.

i have read some where that said do not put a traction bar on a ford 8.8. Is this true and why?

the reason this is said is because the 8.8 is notorious for spinning the tubes in the housing. a traction bar can be used but welding the tubes to the housing and trussing are a must.

if i put the tnt truss on, and welded the tubes, would this be enough, or would i also need to build a axle truss also?

what if i just get rid of these pos rock krawler springs that i keep bending, what i went with a big offroad 6 or 8 inch spring, would they have less wrap, these things are junk.

the big offroads are def better and stronger and will help wrap a little bit. call a customs offroad place, im sure somebody can make you one if you take some measurements

wvredxj said:
if i put the tnt truss on, and welded the tubes, would this be enough, or would i also need to build a axle truss also?

the TNT truss = axle truss. That truss along with welding the tubes would certainly be sufficient to run a traction bar.

Here's a link to my traction bar project thread:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=73263

Back