• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dems and Guns, Interesting Rant!

alex22 said:
There are a whole lot of hoops to jump through and taxes and fees to pay for a citizen to legaly own an automatic firearm.
restricting every other type of firearm is rediculous. My brother lives in Arizona, his M14 and his shotgun would not be legal here in CT because they are classified as assault weapons here. damn these state laws.

~Alex

I was poking around the Internet one day and found a description of how to turn a semi-automatic AK47 into a fully automatic AK47 with a twist tie from a loaf of bread.

Cool thing is you can eat the bread while you wait for the AK47 to cool off every 1000 rounds or so.

there are also gigs that will let you incert a pin into the fireing mechanisim of just about any rifle out there. You can also buy demilled machine guns and remachine them into fully functioning firearms, 50 cal's, M60's MG-34's and such.

The internet sure is a great place:angel:

~Alex

McCain is definitly not my first choice, but at this point I will be voting for him.

Yes, I agree more with Ron Paul than I do McCain, but RP doesn't have a chance in hell of getting the majority of votes.
Please don't fool yourself into thinking that he will.

It reminds me of the '92 election when I wasted my vote on Ross Perot - and ended up with Clinton.

I'm not going to make that mistake again!

Just wondering why everyone seems to be so short sighted when it comes to the gun issue. Republican fear mongering to distract the voters who are hurt the most by their economic policies or lack thereof. Enadangered species middle class, do you think this is by accident or design? Wake up people, your guns are safe.......

grnkpr said:
...your guns are safe.......
Yeah, mine are....because nobody will ever take them from me. My problem is with the guns I am not allowed to own??? Thats why we continue to fight for gun rights.

So what makes an automatic assault rifle illegal in one state and common place in another??

JohnX said:
Yeah, mine are....because nobody will ever take them from me. My problem is with the guns I am not allowed to own??? Thats why we continue to fight for gun rights.

So what makes an automatic assault rifle illegal in one state and common place in another??

Government officials that think people aren't stupid and have to have things taken away from them. Generally non-democrats.

grnkpr said:
Just wondering why everyone seems to be so short sighted when it comes to the gun issue. Republican fear mongering to distract the voters who are hurt the most by their economic policies or lack thereof. Enadangered species middle class, do you think this is by accident or design? Wake up people, your guns are safe.......

Ok I wrote a 7200 word essay in response to this post, but deleted it.
(Yes, yes, you are all welcome)

I thought I better be clear on one thing...

What is the LONG SIGHTED view of the gun issue?

You're right no one will ever take your guns, but what good are they if you can't afford the ammo for them or let alone buy them, have you priced a full auto weapon lately? Even communist ammo is getting pricey, as for where you are allowed to have these weapons, states rights, Cali is not the place for you.

Random thoughts from all over this topic:

Ignorance is a wonderful thing, I have no idea what 94 AWB is?

Don't forget independent candidate Anderson in 1980, he was probably the closest to be viable for the white house, Nader and Perot were just diversions.

The private ownership of firearms is what keeps the US from being more of a police state than it already is, the "authorities" do not know what's out there and who has it. Registration is the 1st step towards confiscation (think about what the Red Chinesse did with the opium dens in the early 1950s). Bomb sniffing dogs can detect one round, so if you think an underground militia can hide for long, guess again.

However it will be REAL interesting & scary to see what the military does IF it should come down to a civil war over weapon ownership rights. "Protect and defend The Constitution" -or- "obey the orders of the President"

It has beeen less than 15 years since the last major genocide (Rhawanda) and the scary thing is, it could probably happen here in the US.

So let's all get to Moab and have one heck of a party before the next election tears this country apart.

grnkpr said:
You're right no one will ever take your guns, but what good are they if you can't afford the ammo for them or let alone buy them, have you priced a full auto weapon lately?
You ain't just whistling dixie. When they jack the price of ammo out of range from the common man, then most will turn to black market ammo or reload there own (possibly illegally). As for the price of a full auto....I could buy one cheaper here than anywhere else...but it won't be legal :(

grnkpr said:
... Cali is not the place for you.
I know, it just happens to be where I got stuck for now. I will not live here forever though....and the gun restrictions are a PRIMARY reason for that.

Back