• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deer Valley

Jes,
Why do you feel the need to be so rude to our friend Phil?

I think we all know phil has no skill, but to bring attention to it in a way that others will see and make fun of is just mean, and rude. Just because Phil has a few handicaps that he can't seem to find a way past should not be pointed and laughed at when he and others can read it.

My fear is that everyone will catch wind of his short commings and Phil will be stuck with only one person to wheel with for the rest of his life . . . and that makes me feel bad for Opie.

That would suck for Phil, as we wheel together only about once or twice a year...

Thats a lot of money tied up in a buggy, tow rig, trailer, gate for the fence at the house... to only use once a year... :laugh3:

That would suck for Phil, as we wheel together only about once or twice a year...

Thats a lot of money tied up in a buggy, tow rig, trailer, gate for the fence at the house... to only use once a year... :laugh3:

XJ Ranger, you undderstand that I am just kidding with Phil, I have a lot of respect for him and I know he is the type of person that gets my attempt to be funny. But it has come to my attention that some of the members here has forgotten what a joke is.

I it is too clear that I must make sure even the most ignorant readers can understand the difference between a joke and real life. Still I have had to get a lawyer to help me out with a General disclaimer.

Any of the words that are mentioned, used or cited in the posts of the user "Letterman" are the property of the poster. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any purpose other than for the same or a similar funny informational use as contemplated by the original author, under the CC-BY-SA and GFDL licensing schemes. Unless otherwise stated "Letterman" and "Letterman Posts" are neither endorsed by nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such tards cannot grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk.

I've been wanting to make it back out with the group to DV last time I ran it was on 30's a few years ago.
Damn was supposed to be there today, had to cancel again.

What is this I don't even

Oh yes you do!

See:
MikeFlop02.jpg

Any of the words that are mentioned, used or cited in the posts of the user "Letterman" are the property of the poster. Their use here does not imply that you may use them for any purpose other than for the same or a similar funny informational use as contemplated by the original author, under the CC-BY-SA and GFDL licensing schemes. Unless otherwise stated "Letterman" and "Letterman Posts" are neither endorsed by nor affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such tards cannot grant any rights to use any otherwise protected materials. Your use of any such or similar incorporeal property is at your own risk.

I've run DV 5 times now. 2 times at night.

The general concensus is that you break more stuff when the sun is out.
(All the tire slices, steering failure and general damage has occured in the day for 2+ years)

So wheel it at night, and all is well.

Oh yes you do!

See:
MikeFlop02.jpg

I wasnt there and dont know two of the dudes in this picture...looks like an intense time on the trail. Pictures worth one million words. Cant stop laughing.:roflmao: I wished I could have been there for this...whatever was going on.

I believe that trails change significantly year to year in the Sierras. Lots of different factors, the amount of rain, snow levels...how fast the snow melts. Or how many elitest buggy assholes on 35's are up there digging ruts or dickheads that leave rocks stacked for the next to unstack. Some years is easy some years is fun.

i might be running SR and DV that weekend with another XJ too. not 100% since we planned the trip a while and most people cancelled . maybe ill see your junk if we go...

Great time Phil. Sorry you couldn't make it Dave.
IMG_6158.jpg

My brother made the trip to keep me from having long discussions with myself.
IMG_6162.jpg

The iconic tree at the top of the slab.
IMG_6166.jpg

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6185.jpg

IMG_6168.jpg

IMG_6191.jpg

We hung out at the steps for a few hours and played. I was very pleased with the Jeep as it walked up everything I pointed at. Phil's was awesome as well.
IMG_6194.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg

IMG_6212.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6221.jpg

IMG_6222.jpg

IMG_6224.jpg

IMG_6227.jpg

We had a surprise celebrity show up.
IMG_6234.jpg

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6238.jpg

IMG_6259.jpg

IMG_6267.jpg

Oh ya, Del Albright was there too.
IMG_6268.jpg

IMG_6279.jpg

IMG_6282.jpg

IMG_6287.jpg

Unfortunately Del was having mechanical problems causing him to take the same bypass as his wife's Land Cruiser.
IMG_6291.jpg

Phil found one of Del's hubs unlocked. Then we noticed and shared with Del that his rear Airlocker was leaking. I was surprised!

More Phil.
IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6313.jpg

Camped at Hermit Valley.
IMG_6324.jpg

IMG_6330.jpg

IMG_6333.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

Sun was in just the right position.
IMG_6315.jpg