• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DEEP CREEK IS OPEN!!!!

rpraterxj

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Gang,

Got this e-mail from the AAT group this morning:

"With the help of 48 eager off-road Enthusiasts, we accomplished a big goal yesterday. Working together, we removed over 14 trees obstructing forest road 3N34. As a result of our efforts, 3N34 (Dishpan) from Deep Creek to Crab Flats Campground, is now OPEN to the public!

Despite the blustery, snowy conditions, we banded together and safely completed our projects. We opened the locked gate, removed the closure tape, barricades and once again connected Lake Arrowhead to Big Bear for off-highway vehicle use!!

Special thanks to everyone that pitched in to make this a safe and successful reopening!"

This is great news! One more trail we can add for SOCAL Fest.

I want to run this in April. I will post up once I get the date solidified.

Thanks to all of the volunteers that made this possible!

do we know who helped out? thats awesome! So what trails are still closed right now?

djblade311 said:
do we know who helped out? thats awesome! So what trails are still closed right now?

Not sure if anyone from our group helped.

I will try to find out what trails are still closed and what the plans are for re-opening them.

I had planned on attending. As I was packing the Jeep Saturday night I felt a head cold creeping in along the back of my throat and into my sinuses. I'm still at home sick...

bummer Steve...If I didnt go to calico, I would have went to Lions memorial and done the AAT work

I wanted to go, but had to work the Balls out 250......

Is the giant rock still in the middle of the Deep Creek crossing??

Glad to hear its open, I love that trail.....
Now the 117, thats a whole different story........:skull1:

Now when you say deep creek is open technically it isn't? It is still illegal to be driving around in deep creek, only the trail is open, right??

89cherokeexj said:
Now when you say deep creek is open technically it isn't? It is still illegal to be driving around in deep creek, only the trail is open, right??

Correct forest road 3N34 has been reopened

89cherokeexj said:

:wierd: Yep! The trail is open. A bridge was built over the creek crossing several years ago. I would suspect the creek is open for fishing and playing though....

rpraterxj said:
:wierd: Yep! The trail is open. A bridge was built over the creek crossing several years ago. I would suspect the creek is open for fishing and playing though....
actually you need to talk to a ranger for current restrictions I know there are times where that area is only for motorised traffic and not for any other use

Well this sure is good news. I 100% would have been there, but my 4WD is still busted for now. I was really disappointed that I could not attend, that is EXACTLY the kind of stuff I would love to get into.

At any rate, great job gang, and way to go for a successful trail save!! :)

Back