• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Declare your Fog Light Independence...

Glad to see this thread come back from the dead! I've since upgraded to a LED light bar...
If you need help with the wiring let me know.

FYI I tried this same approach on my 2005 Tahoe and couldn't make it work. I ended up just using a diode from the factory fog light to power the secondary relay for my light bar.

-Kirk

This is just the relay to shut off the fog lights when the high beams go on. By jumping the relay connection the fogs stay on when the high beams are activated. That's the whole point of the mod.

This is just the relay to shut off the fog lights when the high beams go on. By jumping the relay connection the fogs stay on when the high beams are activated. That's the whole point of the mod.

Yeah, I get that, it's just the reference to this being the foglight relay, which you've confirmed it isn't.

Meanwhile I had a look at mine &, it's wired differently - then I spotted in my users manual that the fogs will work when any lights are on; odd because regulations here require fogs not to work with hi-beam.

Oh, & Canadian d-r-l relay - I recall seeing somewhere that it's under the left headlight.

Meanwhile I had a look at mine &, it's wired differently - then I spotted in my users manual that the fogs will work when any lights are on; odd because regulations here require fogs not to work with hi-beam.

I believe my Euro spec XJ I owned for years allowed me to have the high beams and fog lights on at the same time. The Euro vs. US spec vehicles are definitely wired differently. I had to replace my headlight wire loom after I hit a deer, and found a part off EBay from the states out of a parted XJ. Turns out it wouldn't work. It fit just fine, but the headlights didn't work in the right switch positions. Additionally, the Euro specs vehicles have the rear fog light. So it wouldn't surprise me if this thread can't help you.

Back