• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 60

tim500

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so im trying to figure out what kind of truck i need to find to get a d60 front axle out of, as of now the only ones i can find with a d60 that will work in my mj is a 82-97 ford f-350, the 99 and up fronts dont have enough spacing between the knuckle and the pumpkin to fit a coil bucket, and i was also pondering the idea of getting a dana 300 transfer case cuz its passenger drop and mabey using a chev or dodge axle, but i was informed that those are low pinion axles, problly have scetchy drive angles and more vonerable. so what types of trucks would this axle come in? and any other ideas would be great.

Look in the Advanced Fab Section. There is a thread by a guy called rredalty about his tons that he swapped from an 03 Ford. PM him for more info.

Only Ford's come with high pinion housings and drivers side drop, so you're looking for F350's. Browse the classifieds section on Pirate4x4, there are usually front D60's for sale, it will give you another option if you find some. I'd pay the extra bucks for a Ford D60 before I went through the cost and work of swapping in a D300 t-case. The housings are out there, it's just a matter of $$.

Yeah thats the plan, i already have a sterling 10 1/4 for the rear, i'm in the process of trading this guy with a 60 out of a 90 f350 for a spicer 110, its a gigantic rear axle out of an 08 ford f450 its a ten lug, third member, has about 3000 miles on it, 4.30 gears and if anybody has a 60 their willing to trade? i'm in colorado, i cant decide what lift to go, the last jeep i built i got a rock krawler three link and it articulated pretty well, but ive been looking at the tnt customs and i kinda like the flat bottom but im not sure of the binding factor when the axles articulating, and really would only need the cross member, the y-links, and the coils so it seems it would be the cheper route. i found this jeep in a garage, it had been sitting for 7 years and the woman wanted it gone, so i gave her two hundred dollars, rolled it out fired right up and drove off to her astonishment.

older ford f-250 & f350 trucks are gonna have D60's, also a bunch of older ('70's, 80's, early '90's) Dodge 1 tons have D60 fronts and older ('70s, '80s) Chevy/GMC 1 tons have D60 fronts......and early '70s International 3/4 and 1 tons have D60's front and rear.

Back