• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 44s

Zuber

NAXJA Forum User
I was down at Colorado Auto and Parts in Englewood yesterday and there are two different '87 D44s down there. One is on an MJ and the other is on an XJ. FYI, neither have axle shafts and you'll have to have a jack to get the axles out since they are sitting on the ground. The MJ is blue with a camper shell and is located about as far South in the truck section as you can go. It hasn't been picked over too badly yet. I forget the color of the XJ but it is at the West end of the truck section right by the fence, a few rows South of the beginning of the truck section.

I didn't check gearing on either one. The brake drums looked like they were nearby or under the axles. I would ask how much for a complete axle and then take off $50 for the shafts and ask them to sell it to you for the difference since the shafts are $25 a piece.

There's also a 2000 XJ that was in a nasty front end collision there. I pulled the front shafts out of that one, but all the brake calipers were still there. There might be some odds and ends left in the engine compartment that are salvageable, but not a lot. Passenger rear turn signal assembly was still there.

There was also at least 10 other XJs scatter throughout there.

Just thought I'd let people know in case they were looking for anything. Sorry about the shafts, but I really needed a set of trail spares. Overall, a great day at the junkyard even though I couldn't find an exhaust manifold to fit a '97 that wasn't cracked in the exact same place as mine.

Kent Z.

hmmm, as of today i may need a new windshield wiper motor in my '01...
do you think that 2000 has one that wasn't part of the collision?

thanks for the heads up. :thumbup:

It's possible. The engine was pushed back into the firewall and the front clip was disintegrated, but I can't remember if the lower windshield area was destroyed. The windshield was wasted and both airbags had gone off, so it wasn't a gentle crash. The good thing is that it's free to go in that junkyard and look around so at least you won't be out any cash to see if it's there.

Kent Z.

Back