• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 44 & ram assist

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
Ok, I have a 79 full width 44. I started installing my ram today, 8" stroke. Welded both mounts with the wheels turned all the way to the left, turned the wheels all the way the other direction marked the ram and took it off to see how many shims I would have to add......Well there is 1.2" I need to take out of the travel of the ram. Has anyone else had to add this much?

there are so many factors that nearly every one will be different. more steering angle is always good, so I would adjust your steering stops so that they hit just before the yokes touch, then remeasure like you did and shim accordingly.

BrettM said:
there are so many factors that nearly every one will be different. more steering angle is always good, so I would adjust your steering stops so that they hit just before the yokes touch, then remeasure like you did and shim accordingly.

It's not the steering stops stopping it, its the gearbox hitting the limits. So I guess the 1.2" is what I will work towards.

I am already running a drop arm, but I do have a waggy in the garage waiting to be parted. I will see if its arm is longer. Oh by the way I am running an inverted "T" so that is also part of the problem.

OIC, The arm I am using is a 1.25" drop, but I also did the tie rod flip on the stock knuckles.......I am sitting right at 7" of lift, so I will look for one a little longer.

Last edited:
Back