• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35C

xjfreak40

NAXJA Forum User
The rear passenger wheel has a wobble to it while driving. I took it off, and cleaned up the wheel/studs/lug nuts, and re-fitted the wheel. This fixed the wobble for a week or so, and then it started again. Could the axle bearing be shot? how much of a task/expense would it be to change out the bearing, and seal? any help with this would be appreciated.
>>**Is it true that the Dana 35C is notoriously weak? I'm close to installing a 6.5" long-travel lift kit, and have been told that the Dana 35C will most likely break shortly after. anybody have any eperience with this?**<<

99% of the people think I'm nuts but I believe the dana 35c axle is quite stout with stock size tires (or very close).

The problems start when large diameter/width tires are installed and the driver is careless on the gas pedal or clutch (on or off road).

So if your intentions are big tires (over 30's) with your 6.5 inch lift kit then I would suggest getting a dana 44 or ford 8.8.

I run 29" tall tires and my Jeep does great off road with swaybar disconnects and being smart (chosing correct lines up obstacles).

Many people wonder how my very slightly modified Jeep (2 inch lift) does so well off road and its because of my articulation.

Back