• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 Powertrax Lock Right Locker ??

XJ Moses

NAXJA Forum User
G'day from Australia,

Moses is what they call me i am fairly new to this site

but i do have one question

i am having issues with my rear D35 so i am looking at putting a locker in

just wanting opinions on the above mentioned Powertrax lock Right

are the any good ??

do the have any problems ??

thanks in advance for responses

and here is a couple of pics of my rig.............i call her super girl

Only+one+speed+2.jpg

Up+and+out.jpg

for the money, they are a good "cheap" locker, you would most likely break the d35 before the locker.

I've run one in a bolt in shafted D35 with 32 and 33 inch tires for about 50-60,000 miles with no issues. My front LockRight easily has 100k miles on it and still going strong.

The key is keeping your foot out of the throttle and trying to avoid spinning wheels at high speed that can catch traction all of sudden. That's when stuff breaks.

my brother's running one in a 35 one 33's for nearly 4 months now, no troubles. fairly easy install too. couple hours tops. be easy on the gas it'll probably be fine.

XJ Moses said:
is there something else i should maybe look at..........

that wont break the D35 ??

Any locker will weaken the 35. I broke mine with no locker on 31s.
You may want to look into upgrading the axle before spending any money making the biggest weak link on your Jeep weaker.

You said you're having problems with the axle, what problems?

I'm not sure what axles came in Aussie XJs, but try to find a D44 if you can.

As far as the locker, look into a Aussie locker (no pun intended). I have one in my front 30 and love it! IMO they are smoother and stronger than a lock right, cheaper too.

Back