• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 how bad really?

You could check into a build sheet from a Chrysler/Jeep dealer. They may not go back to 94 but I just checked my 96's sheet last year. It tells you every option it came with, what axles and gears, pretty much anything you could want to know. All you need is you VIN and they'll look it up for you.

LostintheWoods said:
on the hunt for a d44 even now......all over it like a fat kid on a chocolate.

are there variants on th d44 or will any xj d44 fit?

Come to SW washington.....I KNOW where there's one...$350.00 and needs a drum.

:D

My D35 stories are similar to others...broke my first on the street with 30" tars and a open diff on my TJ. I NEVER beat on it, I was going around a corner and POW and out slid one tar on part of the axle shaft!!!

The second time I was locked with 31" in Paragon Park......chicken run I think....maybe lower rattler. Any way, kinda my fault but I certainly wasnt pushing it hard and I busted a shaft...this time I had a spare and the fix was faster.
Now I have a 8.8 and no worries ceptin for the size of that bugger!!! I seem to drag it on every large rock I drive over!! I think it's even a tad bigger in the pumpkin than the D60!!!

I have a non"C" D35 in my MJ and though hard about upgrading to a D44...as a matter of a fact I bought a D44...but its the wrong ratio so I am not going to bother changing gears and its for sale.
I have 30" tars on it and its only a DD...I will take it on logging roads hunting and such but no real off roading like I do in my TJ...thats what the TJ is for!!

CW

Back