• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 Longfield install

Digging up a not so old post.....

How have they performed to date?
Were these 30 spline inner / 27 outer ?

John

They have done great! I have several trips through our hardest trails on them now with no issues. I have plenty of confidence in them.

The ones that I have are the stock D-30 inner (27) and stock outer, (27). They are a direct replacement for the stock D-30 shafts, with some minor grinding to the knuckle.

Its a lot of money for shafts but what you get is a birf that is as strong at full steering lock as it is straight (unlike U-joint style shafts) and you get great quality shafts, all with a lifetime warranty.

I rank this upgrade in the top 10 things I have done to my rig.

I think I will be making a trip over to Bobbys house soon to talk to him about these...Thanks for the write up....

Bobby is a great guy, I had numerous conversations with him about these shafts and the install. He is very easy to get in touch with. He gave me his personnel cell number to call if I ever have issues (no I will not give anyone his number!)

Drool!!! I didn't see these come on the market, but damn, I want some! I have run Longs in my buggy for years and never broke a single one!

As far as I know I have the first "production" set. I say this because Bobby called me the day that the shafts arrived and told me to ship them back, they cut the wrong spline pitch on the outers (they were cut the same as the inners which will not work with the uni-bearings) I sent them back and in 3 days received the new outers. Bobby apologized and corrected the production process for the remaining new shafts. The new outers fit perfectly.

I decided a while back that I was going to stay stock width and stay with the 30 so I'm commited to "polishing" it. I would do it again in a heart beat. The trails I run are tight, lined with trees that a wider rig would be less manueverable. If you are commited to staying with the 30, you will want these shafts!

Xjtrailrider

What gear ratio u running and size of tire?

Right now I'm on 35's and 4.10, not too bad on the road as this Jeep runs strong even at 200k. I'm building a set of axles with trusses and 4.88's. It will be Aussie locked front and rear, right now I have a Detroit TT rear and Aussie front. The TT was ok when it was a dual purpose rig but its not getting the job done for a trail rig.

Do you think the WJ knuckles would of been a better upgrade for this? knowing that they are a little bigger and beefier? Rather then grinding the stock one, plus those grinds look like the came preety close to becoming a big hole?

Do you think the WJ knuckles would of been a better upgrade for this? knowing that they are a little bigger and beefier? Rather then grinding the stock one, plus those grinds look like the came preety close to becoming a big hole?

You still have to grind the WJ knuckles. I'm running the stock drag link so the XJ knuckle works fine for me. I have had no issues with the stock drag link either on or off road. Absolutely zero bump steer. I am running a Big Daddy tie rod since it is in a vulnerable spot and the stock one sucks.

Back