• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 30 lockrite in a chrysler 8.25?

Dude seriously sell your Jeep and buy a Yugo

4x4yugo1.jpg

I am sure they have a dana 30 rear (steering axle) :roflmao:

I'm not gonna flame you for thinking outside the box. Yes they are both 27 spline, but I would bet it has to do with axle diameter and carrier fit. Maybe a top notch machinist could make it work, but it would be alot of trial and error.

Not to mention that the Chrysler axle is a goddamned c-clip. :looser:

It won't work because the D30 is a steering axle and the 8.25 is not. That's also why you can't use 8.25 axles in a D30 unless you weld the knuckles. The D30 shafts won't fit the 8.25 because the axle tube isn't large enough to fit the ears and U-joints of the D30 shafts.

HTH

:huh: Dude get off the bong, for one the do make a d30 rear(Ford Escape), and two steering has nothing to do with it.

Not to mention that the Chrysler axle is a goddamned c-clip. :looser:
thats why I said a top notch machinist, :wave1::looser:not a parts counter guy.

That's funny because I used to be a parts counter guy. :looser:

I could make it fit with a file! RARR!! :moon::roflmao:
look I never said it would work, But he is thinking. That IS why we know coil springs from other vehicles & leafs springs from other vehicles give free lift on our XJ's, cause someone tried it. Isn't what this forum is about?

Dude it will not work, will you think about it for just a second? Seriously if this worked, why do you think Aussie Locker would have spent 2+ years working on a 29 spline version of the 8.25 Aussie? They still don't have one out, if they could use a front everyone would be doing it. Just because the spline counts are the same doesnt mean the carrier size, spline size, shaft diameter are the same. But yes flaming makes us feel good.

Thanks for playing.

-Alex

X2 Thought these things were common scense................:eyes::eek:

X3
It will never work, no matter how much machining, filing, praying or welding you do. The ring gear is 8.25 vs 7.20, one has c clips, the other does not. I don't know for sure about the cross shaft, but I'm willing to bet its not the same size either. As many have said, if it were possible, it would have been done already.

look I never said it would work, But he is thinking. That IS why we know coil springs from other vehicles & leafs springs from other vehicles give free lift on our XJ's, cause someone tried it. Isn't what this forum is about?

X2!!!

Everyone seems so quick to jump on the bandwagon and imply that he is an idiot for wanting to try something new. It hasn't all been done before and there are plenty more upgrades and swaps to discover out there. Thinking outside the box is how I ended up with a 1.5" chain in my 241OR and factory 32 spline 1310 yokes front and rear (now if I could just get in the Jeep).

The shafts are the same diameter (1.16") and obviously the same spline count so physically, you could slide it on the shafts, but as was previously mentioned, there is no provision for a C-clip. Also, chances are that the inside dimensions of the carriers are different, so the lockright likely would not fit in there anyway.

Last edited:
uhhhh..... 2wd with 33's you need a little something more before you even think about a locker dingleberry:D

if you havent flamed me yet, good for you, you have dignity. if you still continue to flame me i feel bad for you. thanks for the legitimate replies, it is greatly appreciated

and btw im quite happy with my 2wd xj, thank you:roll:

X2!!!

Everyone seems so quick to jump on the bandwagon and imply that he is an idiot for wanting to try something new. It hasn't all been done before and there are plenty more upgrades and swaps to discover out there. Thinking outside the box is how I ended up with a 1.5" chain in my 241OR and factory 32 spline 1310 yokes front and rear (now if I could just get in the Jeep).

The shafts are the same diameter (1.16") and obviously the same spline count so physically, you could slide it on the shafts, but as was previously mentioned, there is no provision for a C-clip. Also, chances are that the inside dimensions of the carriers are different, so the lockright likely would not fit in there anyway.

Agreed...:thumbup:

Back