• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 From Rubicon (direct bolt on??)

its an aw4 we talked about your shifter yo remember? any way the first ratio is too tal first and the gap between the ratios is to wide so not realy a good race transmission do ypu think i can fit a T5 T56 or TKO500 to an XJ?

profonde said:
its an aw4 we talked about your shifter yo remember? any way the first ratio is too tal first and the gap between the ratios is to wide so not realy a good race transmission do ypu think i can fit a T5 T56 or TKO500 to an XJ?

The AX15 fits well. Also the NV3350 is a good choice. The TKO600 also comes in a road race version with a higher overdrive then the regular TKO500 or 600. Im getting the 600 for my Chevelle. T5's are weak IMHO. The T56 with Viper internals, Cryo syncros, is a very strong transmission. Spendy, but well worth the $$$$. It can stand up to an 8 sec. Viper at the track, it should take anything you throw at it. All you need to do is figure out how to adapt some of the choices to the 4.0(?) if thats what you have.

There are some HD t5's over there any way. What i was asking is actually? would it be possible to fit any of these to a 4.0 clutch problems fitment etc.

I quick check of my books shows that advanced adapters has a few options for adapting a manual tranny.
You should talk to Mike Strawbridge. He rally races in a stock XJ. he is on the XJ list at yahoogroups.
So it sounds like your strictly short course racing. yeah then you can do 4.88's but keep it off the hwy.

I honestly don't know how you'd be able to hit 70mph with 31's and 4.88's. I've got 4.56's and 35's and I'm pulling about 2,250 RPM's at 70mph. You'd be getting close to 4,300 RPM's if you had 31's on it with 4.88's. Even with 4.56's, your RPM's will be high as hell at high speeds.

Back