• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d30 4340 Nitro Gear axle shafts w/ spicer 760 ujoints

rocknxj

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered the wrong chromo axle shafts for my d30. I have Warn hubs and these are for stock 27 spline axles with threaded ends.

These are new in box 4340 driver side and passenger side inner and outter axle shafts with sweet Spicer 760 ujoints. I purchased these Nitro Gear and Axle parts from Just Differentials last week. Before I pay to ship them back I figure I would see if anyone wants then for $450. These are $599 plus shipping on their site. Item number is AXN24110.

PM me if interested.

I want these... Unfortunately I know very little about Dana 30's... Help me out?

I've got a '98 w/Dana 30 high pinion. It's got a generic auto locker in it now, but when I get around to building the axle, I'll be swapping it out for an ARB.

According to Nitro's website:
AX N24110 D30 27 SPL 4340 FRT AX KIT, W/760X, 84-90XJ, 97&UP TJ

I thought the late model XJ's and TJ's had the same axle? Could be a typo?

From Just Differential's website:
Nitro 4340 Chromoly Dana 30 Front Axle Upgrade Kit

Vehicle Applications:
1987-1995 Jeep Wrangler YJ
1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ
1986-1992 Jeep Comanche MJ
1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
1997-2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
2005-2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ

Axle Spline Count: 30

Note: Must be used w/ HD 30 Spline Locker, (ARB, OX or E-Locker)

Kit Includes:
Pair of HD upgraded 30 Spline Inner Axles
Pair of 27 Spline Outer Stub Axles
Pair of Dana Forged U-Joints
Pair of axle seals

You mentioned 27 splined axles. That's where the unit bearing bolts up correct?

Is 27 standard or are there others? I guess it wouldn't matter. Even tho I just put new unit bearings in about 2 years ago, they aren't that expensive.

Any way it looks like this would be the correct kit for my heep. If you (or anyone else) could confirm this, I'll take them.

Thanks.

27 spline is stock for the d30. The 30 spline shafts are an upgrade which require a matching 30 spline locker.

The shafts for sale will work in an '84 - 2001 XJ, so they will work with your axle.

These are 27 spline inner and 27 spline outter shafts.

By the way, the 8th dimention is pretty far away. Let me know if you want to make that kind of trip.

you know you could still use the inners and sell the outers.

and if you already have warn hubs then you already have chromo outers.

These are 27 spline inner and 27 spline outter shafts.

By the way, the 8th dimention is pretty far away. Let me know if you want to make that kind of trip.

Okay disregard my last post, I was looking at the wrong kit.

I'll take them. I can send you a check or Paypal ASAP if you don't mind hanging on to the axles until after the first of the year.

And I know a monkey-boy that lives in Burbank, so the trip won't be that far for him.

I replied to your PM. No problem hanging on to these until after the new year. They are still in their original box and packing so they will remain in perfect shape until you or your MB picks them up.

I wish I could have used them but I'll find a backup set that fits my Warn hub kit.

Back