• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D-rings on a stock bumper

2zhia8n.jpg

I thought you were smarter than that, but figured just in case you are an idiot, I better say something....;)

I personally Think the stock bumper looks ok. I just wish they weren't so thin. Nice job of reinforcing it. When i saw the title of the thread it thought for sure it would end up in the tard thread of the den. Test it out and post up how well it holds up. This could end up being a sticky.

We don't sticky tech threads. They are either good enough to be backed up in the FAQ section, or they are not.

Since it appears that the entire purpose of this thread was to troll, I seriously doubt I will put any time into compressing it into a pdf for archive.

That just sees like an aweful lot of work to keep the stock bumpers when you could have used one more piece of 2x6 and had .25" thick bumpers.

It does look good tho.

:dunno:

It wasn't too much work, I knocked the front bumper out in a couple of hours and the rear took a little bit longer. I know I coulda built a better, more badass bumper, but I wanted to go with the stock look so I could start a troll thread. My goal for the jeep is to go with the "super stock" look, like how Jeep shoulda built the XJ some say. I don't really plan on hitting the bumper skin, but I wanted a solid tow point that I can really yank on. Plus, I hate stock tow hooks.

We don't sticky tech threads. They are either good enough to be backed up in the FAQ section, or they are not.

Since it appears that the entire purpose of this thread was to troll, I seriously doubt I will put any time into compressing it into a pdf for archive.

Damn dude. Loosen up your pony tail.

I liked it better when I thought you just surface welded it.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but I was wondering if you would be willing to share the specs for your bumper builds?

They are at the end of the first page of the thread (pictures of how it's put together.)

They are at the end of the first page of the thread (pictures of how it's put together.)

I saw that but what I meant was specs on the length of the rectangular tubing for the rear and overall measurements. Perhaps a build thread so other people can make their own.

The 2x4 has to go like 16" or so down the frame rail to catch the front nuts trip hole. I think I started with 24" long pieces and trim the ends down to fit the stock bumper skin. There's also a bunch of good info over in my other rear bumper build thread

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=993533

As for an update for these bumpers I made, they outlasted the jeep they were on. It even got rear ended hard enough to bend the frame rails but the bumper was fine and is on its replacement jeep.

Wow... if I get some free time, maybe later this summer, I want to build me those...

I saw that but what I meant was specs on the length of the rectangular tubing for the rear and overall measurements. Perhaps a build thread so other people can make their own.

lol.

you think he measured anything?

get outside with some random scrap metal and get to fabbing.

Back